Britney Spears

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

slimane said:
SoSeductive said:
slimane said:
Has Britney been going to vocal coaching during the break? She is going to be singing live this era after all (well at least half live/half mimed performances) she can't get away with lazy miming any more. Serious question.

Where did this half miming/half live theory come from? It's not true!

The VMA performance where she was wearing the suit walking down the stairs was live at the start wasn't it? I'm just saying if she can't get through a whole song live she needs to at least sing parts that she can live. Pop stars do stuff like that all the time - Kelly Rowland's recent performances of Commander for example.

She has to make an effort. You know WHO always sings live, Rihanna does, Katy Perry does, Beyonce does...it smacks of arrogance that Britney thinks she's above it? If she comes to the UK it would be good for her to at least attempt a live performance...she needs to repair the X factor damage.

What a strange way of looking at things. I think it's more that she just can't sing live, and avoids it at all costs - you're making it seem like she can, and just can't be bothered. Everyone knows she can't sing live, and I think it's best she and her team continue to avoid it because it would be a disaster. Some people should take notes from her. (Katy Perry, I'm looking at you)...Sorry, but I don't see what the big deal about live singing is. If you're Celine Dion, yes, but if you're a frivolous popstar who focuses more on show than anything else, why would I want to hear your halfassed attempt at screeching through your autotuned album tracks?

Not singing live doesn't reek of arrogance to me, some popstars do some don't...it's not that serious, it's still her voice she isn't pulling a Milli Vanilli. You can make the choice to go and support the artist or not, no one forces people to pay hundreds of dollars to watch her lipsync..they go fully well knowing what there getting themselves into.

Same with TV performances, if you don't like it then turn it off.....I have no problem with her or anyone else lipsyncing uptempos, ballads do irk me if they are lipsynced though.

You never know it may changed one day, she can be like Madonna who lipsycnced a lot in her past, but doesn't do it much today, or be like Janet and never stop haha. But getting up in arms over the inevitable is pointless, she will lipsync again in her future....

@RJF: That was completely unnecessary....

You know WHO always sings live, Rihanna does, Katy Perry does, Beyonce does...

All of the above have done it many times throughout their careers, they definitely aren't perfect. Especially Rihanna. Vogue...

Everyone does it from time to time. Gaga mimed a few times back in her early days and said she was 'sick'. 3/4 of Celine Dion's last tour was playback. She doesn't even move. At least Britney is busy shaking her ass across the stage to compensate.

Britney just does it a lot more shamelessly, and well...to be honest, I prefer it to her being out of breath. Her shows are never about the vocals anyway, they're about the spectacle.

I think the majority of people would agree it's more about the dancing (or lack thereof) then the miming. That's what people care about when it comes to Britney's performances.

Mr Telephone Man said:
CELINE DOES NOT USE PLAYBACK...I won't entertain such tomfoolery!!

* runs off and cries in horror of such lies *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1msq9KiUs

I hope you're not being serious hahaha.

Bottom line is that anyone that whines about Britney miming (this isn't directed at anyone btw) should honestly think again because some of the most accomplished vocalists, such as Celine and Michael Jackson, lipsynced almost their entire last concert tours, and probably danced less than Britney does (or did...Circus wasn't exactly that strenuous).

I'd prefer lipsyncing than an awkward live performance with dancing like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ix68ZyeqXo

Excuse you, it's not her fault she sounds EXACTLY like the album track.........I'm sure she wishes she wasn't that perfect, but what can she do, such a legend!

S

slimane

I'm well aware that gaga, riri and beyonce have mimed on occasion. The point is miming should not be the norm...and it is the norm for Britney.

The only thing I like about miming being the norm for Britney is she is the only one of them all that could sell out a world tour with people knowing before hand everything would be mimed.

S

slimane

Fire said:
The only thing I like about miming being the norm for Britney is she is the only one of them all that could sell out a world tour with people knowing before hand everything would be mimed.

I guess. I just couldn't do that to people though. That's why hope it's going to change in the future...I'd hate to think she sits at home eating cheeto's laughing that people are saving up their money to pay and go and see her mime! She must feel so proud! Even more proud of herself than she was when she managed 2 hours on set for the "3" video (for an artist that's used music video so well in the past the lazy double whammy of radar and 3 was a real punch in the face to her fans)!

Did anyone get round to buying Brit's Pop Magazine issue? I bought mine earlier, I wish the interview itself was longer, oh well she sounded in good enough form.

I was watching a programme on ITV1 yesterday at lunchtime called 'Dinner Date' a Britney impersonator was one of the contestants. SO FUNNY. She randomly came out during her dinner in a circus outfit (opening otufit - red jacket and not much else) singing Circus (her dates face was priceless). She was singing all nasally and stuff. It was just funny. I hope someone else here seen it...

MiChiMadNesS said:
Yes because releasing a no.1 single and a fan favourite is really annoying to fans.

It is when that "fan favorite" is from the album previous, and the number one single is definitely a bit underwhelming (and the video sucks hard).

RJF said:
But Britney DOES sing live! Remember that one time she sang and only RiriSpears could hear her? 

hahaha

yes I'd much rather hear Britney lip-synch to be honest. We all know she will never bother to take enough lessons and care enough to try to sound good live.

Even her "oh so amazing" You Oughta Know performance sounded like any normal girl on a karaoke. That wasn't GOOD singing at all. It was still amazing to her standards because at least she didn't crack or go out of tune (which is normal in her live performances). But even then, 70% of You Oughta Know was still pre-recorded...

IF she ever bothered, I'd like to hear her sing live, because she COULD be a good singer. But to hear monstrosities like Everytime on Onyx, nope. She needs to learn how to sing first.

The "Everytime" they decided to include on the Onyx telecast was not a good choice considering she had really good performances of that same song on other nights, there was this one in particular that was on youtube that even bested her SNL performances of the song...but it would have been weird to go from Blond Britney to Brown haired Britney within one telecast haha.

RJF said:
But Britney DOES sing live! Remember that one time she sang and only RiriSpears could hear her?
Oh how I laughed. Oh wait, I'm still laughing!

My friend and I are very good at doing Everytime and Shadow a la Onyx Hotel Tour. 'Nnnnhotice meeeee, nnnnntaaake my haaand'.

IMHO said:
RJF said:
Oh how I laughed. Oh wait, I'm still laughing!

My friend and I are very good at doing Everytime and Shadow a la Onyx Hotel Tour. 'Nnnnhotice meeeee, nnnnntaaake my haaand'.

You twat. I'm not the only one who could hear.

Now go play in traffic, dildo.