Britney Spears

Just trying my best to play peacekeeper haha.

And for me I don't mind Dr. Luke, it's Max Martin who I'm giving the side-eye to anyway (He is capable of doing so much more than the kitschy stuff he does with Britney, they just need to evolve their relationship). They are both great prodcuers, and can spot a hit from a mile away. And I'm sure they may get a track or two, but there are too many good producers in this album thus far to let them go to the waste-side. Britney & Co do make some questionable choices at times, but I just can't see them putting all of this work of reaching out to all these new and different prodcuers be in vain.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Mr Telephone Man said:
Just trying my best to play peacekeeper haha.

And for me I don't mind Dr. Luke, it's Max Martin who I'm giving the side-eye to anyway. They are both great prodcuers, and can spot a hit from a mile away. And I'm sure they may get a track or two, but there are too many good producers in this album thus far to let them go to the waste-side. Britney & Co do make some questionable choices at times, but I just can't see them putting all of this work of reaching out to all these new and different prodcuers be in vain.

I'm the opposite. Max Martin isn't terrible, because I loved IUSA and 3...but although I love Circus, Dr. Luke produced Shattered Glass and Lace and Leather (two of the most horribly produced songs on Circus).

I think Gimme Britney's closer to knowing actual news to be honest. And that's not being idealistic, Billboard genuinely aren't a reliable source and are a very presumptuous news source. GB's been right for the last 2 projects.

In any case we really aren't any closer to the truth so big elaborative posts on Dr Luke are completely wasted at this point.

The best bet is seeing what happens this month. If there's an announcement this month, it'll all happen. If not then 2011 is probably true. Britney's projects always come in flash floods.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I still think it'll be next year. Almost every rumor as of late has mentioned next year, early 2011, early spring etc. I don't think it's come out of nowhere, and that's probably the tentative release schedule. I think people are really getting their hopes up too high about this fall.

He / Him / His
i know britney's management aren't perfect but atleast for the last 3 albums they've put it out in time for christmas sales. And if she really is finishing/finished the album then surely waiting for spring would be a major miss.

I still have a tiny bit of hope because in 2008, until that Mannequin video was released, we were about sure the album would come out in 2009...

but then everything happened from night to day.

I think it's high time Britney released an album in spring/summer. We need new Britney singles for the summer, not the fall/winter. Her last album not to be released in the final quarter of the year was Oops ten years ago.

He / Him / His
RiRiSpears said:
I think it's high time Britney released an album in spring/summer. We need new Britney singles for the summer, not the fall/winter. Her last album not to be released in the final quarter of the year was Oops ten years ago.

I'd rather hear it soon. Tommorow preferably. The wait is unbreable. Waiting for only girl is fucking bad enough

heyho said:
I still have a tiny bit of hope because in 2008, until that Mannequin video was released, we were about sure the album would come out in 2009...

but then everything happened from night to day.

Mhmm. Even up until then Larry himself refuted an album was even in the works.

So to have Adam actually acknowledge this interview is pretty significant. Plus she allegedly WAS on the release schedule for a Summer release THIS year early on so.. yeah. And after that was removed was when all these Rusko and Tiesto collaborations came to light. But that is a bit idealistic.

We shall see! Exciting. Or not.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I can only hope she releases in the fall. Spring is such a boring season to release...I'm super sick of waiting, too.

And regarding Dr. Luke and Max (I know I'm dragging this out) - hopefully there aren't any soft pop-rock-dance fusions a la Katy Perry on this album. Those kinds of songs wear out so fast, I think.

I wouldn't mind a song like ET, to be honest.

I'm slowly saying good bye to any dark undertones I might want from this album. But I still expect it to be "eletronic" (i know, generic term), like Animal was. I'd just hope it's less generic and less stupid than Animal. Maybe a fusion of Animal and Fame Monster (i'd like just Fame Monster, but being realistic, there's gotta be some poppity pop songs on the album too)

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Fire said:
As Rusko said he would not have been contacted if they didn't want some 'crazy' for the album.

I'm just afraid they foresaw a Bionic, and recently scrapped almost everything and called up Dr. Luke and Max to make a "hit" record...delaying it further to a Spring '11 release with 12 generic club songs.

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL said:
Fire said:
As Rusko said he would not have been contacted if they didn't want some 'crazy' for the album.

I'm just afraid they foresaw a Bionic, and recently scrapped almost everything and called up Dr. Luke and Max to make a "hit" record...delaying it further to a Spring '11 release with 12 generic club songs.

I doubt they would scrap months of work because Christina flopped.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Fire said:
AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL said:
Fire said:

I doubt they would scrap months of work because Christina flopped.

I didn't literally mean they're taking notes from Christina's mistake. The point was, what if her months of work didn't produce a "hit" in her labels eyes?

According to Perez she has a song on Toxic level. Personally I don't think they would have any Rusko tracks as singles if they aren't generic enough. Max and Dr Luke are probably only their for the singles. Max and Dr Luke are probably only their for the 'hits'.

Going by the last era, released first single by unknown producers, 2nd single was Dr Lukes and third was voted by fans which happened to be Max's. We will probably get the songs we want with the generics inbetween.

...I've just remembered Shattered Glass charted on the Hot 100, remembering that makes me nervous of what the managment are planning...

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

I honestly don't know why everyone's so certain about this Rusko work either. All I hear is Rusko this and Rusko that from everyone around here, as if he's the end-all-be-all of this album. We don't even know if his song(s) will make the cut. I personally don't get the rave about him and I hope he doesn't make it if only out of a little spite.

I'm not 'raving' about him, I first used him as an example because he stated he thinks he is being used because the managment knowing what he is about gives him license to be a little crazy.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Fire said:
I'm not 'raving' about him, I first used him as an example because he stated he thinks he is being used because the managment knowing what he is about gives him license to be a little crazy.

He's all everyone in this thread talks about, producer-wise. I just don't understand...XXXO (for example) was terrible to me and isn't a sound I'd like Britney to venture into at all. I can do without "left-field" electronic producers on this album...we all heard Bionic. I just don't think those sorts of producers mix well with mainstream pop artists.

By this point I'm guessing he won't be on the album either. It wouldn't be the first time she collaborated with amazing producers and it was left off the album. Wasn't Diddy talked abut a lot for ITZ?

And I'm guessing he gave her one song only. Much like Outsiderz, etc.

But I love XXXO.