Britney Spears

The Lady GaGa wraith.

I think stans from all the other female artists sided with GaGa stans on that one which lost some potential fanbase.

Someboy said:
The Lady Gaga wrath? Wait, is this some out of this world way of explaining why Bionic hasn't done well?
During the Keeps Gettin' Better era, lots of people said Xtina was copying Gaga style (makeup, hair etc.). Then when questioned Xtina said she didnt know who she was and asked what kind of music he makes or something (not sure about the wording of the man thing)

Yes, I remember all of that, but people don't honestly believe that led to Bionic flopping? It's just meant as folklore, right?

Someboy said:
Yes, I remember all of that, but people don't honestly believe that led to Bionic flopping? It's just meant as folklore, right?
I think it was the start of her appearing as a has-been who was gimping other people to the people within the wider blogosphere who were the only ones who seemed to be aware on Bionic leading up to release.

A

AAAAAAAHHHPUSSYCONTROL

Can we not allow that woman into this thread? Her flop need not be mentioned anymore.

Someboy said:

Obviously it's not the main reason, being that the album sucks and lack of promotion are much higher flaws, but yes, it did have some contribution to it. Xtina being perceived as a bitch did not help herself at all...

Someboy said:
Christina has always been (rightly or wrongly) perceived as a (w)itch though?
I agree, but when you make such a high profile tit of yourself when you are trying to explain how much research into the electro-pop you did, it definately hurts you're image (even if it is in tatters)

Christina flopped cause her album sucked as well as her attitude towards others, if GaGa wants to take after Christina in the latter sense...let her go right ahead and face the same fate one day....who the hell care what she thinks, I know for sure I don't.

Someboy said:
Christina has always been (rightly or wrongly) perceived as a (w)itch though?

I think the internet era helped it spread like wildfire? Just a theory...she was a bitch before, but not everyone knew. This time you could almost see outdoors claiming she's a bitch...

Bionic isn't that bad it has some wonderful songs, now back to Britney, I don't want a 2011 album, there is lady gaga, Beyonce i want it this year.

They'd be foolish idiotic not to capitalise on the Glee promo she's got coming up. Release the lead single's video right after the ep much?

Sinful said:
They'd be foolish idiotic not to capitalise on the Glee promo she's got coming up. Release the lead single's video right after the ep much?

That is EXACTLY what I wanted, but it's so not happening that way....this will go down as the biggest missed opportunity for a popstar in pop history..not really but whatever haha.

Mr Telephone Man said:
Sinful said:

That is EXACTLY what I wanted, but it's so not happening that way....this will go down as the biggest missed opportunity for a popstar in pop history..not really but whatever haha.
I still have faith that this album is going to be released this year.

Gimme More, Womanizer, & 3 all premiered the last week of September. Britney's "Glee" episode airs the last week of September. If the same plan was followed, Britney's 1st single would be released September 28th, the same day Britney's "Glee" episode is scheduled to air.

Glee's creator Ryan Murphy has heard material she's recorded for this album. Is it too big of a stretch for me to assume they'll somehow be incorporating the 1st single with the Glee episode?

I was more referring to a video being premiered RIGHT after the episode aired on FOX (kind of like how Womanizer premiered on ABC during 20/20), which would be a huge deal.