Broad City | The Popjustice Forum

Broad City

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by truman, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Hands down best new comedy series of the year so far.

I took a while to warm to the show but episode 5, episode 9 (with a hilarious guest role by Amy Sedaris) and episode 10 (even though that one is with Amy Poehler the girls were definitely the best part of the show.) are such brilliant TV.

Such a great great show. I'm sad it's over for now.

Anyone else watching ?

2. I fell in love with this show the moment Abbi kicked the Costco chicken. Each episode has had at least one moment of unrestrained tears-on-my-face laughter, culminating in the season finale's Ave Maria moment.

What an amazing show.

3. YES. My friend and I used to joke about making a sitcom about our friendship but then Broad City came to life (except for the fact that we are guys and don't smoke pot, the rest is pretty much similar, I swear). I watched the whole season in one sitting late at night and probably woke up my neighbors laughing. Great acting, silly but very funny jokes and it's so easy to relate with the main characters. Illana is everything and could be friends with Season One Jessa from Girls.

Abbi is like a mix of Sutton Foster and America Ferrera but with Emma Stone's voice on Easy A. Amazing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. The first episode wasn't great but I'll keep watching.

that boy is a monster likes this.
  5. Episode 1 is a little slow, but 2-10 are all spectacular. Hannibal Buress is so funny as Lincoln.

6. My favorite episodes are definitely in the latter half of the season.

Namely episode 5, 9 and 10.

Episode 10 is directed by Amy Poehler and I think it's one of the most easier accessible episodes of the season when it comes to laughs because there's a bunch of physical comedy.

7. It definitely is funnier the more you watch.

Nearly every character is funnier than Ilana and Abbi though.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  8. "a sa-ha-ndwich sh-ha-op"

9. My favorites are episode 3 (Ilana as a temp/Abbi waiting for the package/Rachel Dratch!), 4 (homeless) and of course, episode 10. I think the only episode that I didn't like that much is the wedding one.

10. Ilana looked scarily like Kreayshawn in that blonde wig.

11. THIS SHOW IS EVERYTHING.

Best way to describe it is two girls in NY city doing random things and getting high.

I actually had to pause and kept rewatching Amy Sedaris flawless entry into the show and then delivering scene after scene hilarity especially in that apartment where the murder happened.

"ME FILIPINO. MY BABY. HELP." or something to that effect.

I also love that episode where one of them went to that deserted island to collect that parcel for that guy she had a crush on. DEAD.

I don't want this show to end - ten episodes is definitely not enough.

12. [video=youtube;TSRMeydnlzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSRMeydnlzs[/video]

13. I desperately need this show back already.

SUHNDWICH SHA-HOPPPP is iconic.

14. This show is burned into my psyche. I hope the new season brings moments as iconic as sa-handwhich sha-hop, I AM NOT A MOM, and the "taxes pay for the gayest things" monologue.

15. Damn that penis is PINK! was amazing.

16. YES. The new season looks great. I watch the first season all the time as I can't really get bored of it.

17. Already renewed for season 3. Slay.

18. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I think I watched the entire first season of this in a day.

Bring on season 2 (and 3!)

19. Apparently tonight's premiere leaked a few days ago ?

Either way, it's on tonight.

EDIT : 4 minutes into the premiere and the Colin Farrell sex tape convo has already killed me.

That was HONESTLY one of the best episodes they've ever done.
    I couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end.

Everything in that episode is memorable.
    This season will be EVERYTHING.
    I really want them to be nominated for some awards of some sorts but it's Comedy Central so probably not.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.