Brodka | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Brodka

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by A&E, Feb 25, 2016.

1. That’s a change in direction I can get behind!

2. Love her new single! Something in the song's production reminds me of Mike Oldfield? Now I have to dig into her discography more, even though I play this remix of Dancing Shoes quite often.

3. That video is AMAZING! Such strong visuals.

tyrabnks likes this.
  4. Oh my god, I am so happy to see a thread for her. I absolutely adore Brodka. I was not the biggest fan of Clashes but Granda remains an incredible album.

I really like the Game Change but her recent single with Scottibrains is even stronger — it’s one of my favourite songs of the year so far.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    nooniebao likes this.
  5. TALENT

“I present to you the cover of the Brut album. The album artwork features a photo of a young me with a snake, imagery which ties into the album's themes. On the cover you can see me at the age of 5, when the fact of being a woman didn't matter yet. It was a time of carefree innocence, unaware of the future expectations that society would impose on me. The snake that entwines me symbolises temptations, sin, and everything that may happen to this girl in the future. And it was this clash that I found particularly interesting.”

A&E and 4Roses like this.
  6. A&E

A&E

Ddd at me creating this thread when Clashes was about to be released, Horses having my expectations set high, and then failing to get into the album at all.

Just got my hands on the new CD* and I feel like it's all I wanted her last album to be and more. I couldn't help but notice her English lyrics have improved as well.

*The Empik-exclusive limited edition includes Wrong Party (see 2 posts above) as a bonus track, though it's only mentioned on the shrink-wrap sticker.

Hey Man is the second single: my least favourite on the album oop but it's fun I guess.

Also worth a mention: back in 2018 Brodka released a cover of an iconic 80s hit by Izabela Trojanowska, Wszystko czego dziś chcę, and I feel like it hinted towards the direction she'd take with Brut.

7. I enjoy it way more than Clashes, although Hey Man sounds like noise to me. It’s not Granda levels of greatness, but it’s a nice little album!

I can’t help but think that some songs might have sounded a bit better in Polish. But I agree, the lyrics have improved.

8. I agree that it's not another Granda, but it's better than Clashes, it seems more alive. Fruits and Imagination, along with lead single, are my favourite tracks from the album, but whole record is stellar and cohesive.

Also I have to say that I adore image direction, those two videos are top-notch. I hope that there is more to come.

9. Agreed. I don’t love it as much as I would like at first play (it all sounds pretty same-y) but I have been coming back to Game Change quite a bit and I will definitely use it more than Clashes. Not into Hey Man.

iciparis likes this.
  10. It could have done with some more songs like Game Change, but maybe she’s not really into that? After having listened to Brut a couple of times, I like the album, but I can’t recall how most songs go…

11. Yeah, it seems like Game Change is the song she needed to do to have an actual lead single. Sligtly more commercial and accesible than the other tracks and a bit more melodic, she ticked all the boxes and moved on to creating an actual album and body of work. That's how I see it.

bonnieetclyde and iciparis like this.
  12. I'm not really familiar with her but this album sounds really good upon first listen.

tyrabnks and iciparis like this.
  14. That’s interesting! Wasn’t a huge fan of the last two albums, but hoping this one will grab my attention.

15. A&E

A&E

Sadza is one of few Polish singles this year that have genuinely excited me. I only just checked her social media and recently she confirmed the album's also titled Sadza, with the accompanying tour starting on 12 November. 11 November is a Friday so possibly that could be the release date?

tyrabnks likes this.
  16. Sadza is by far her best song in a long time. I love her but I don’t think her English releases capture the same magic as her output in Polish. I did not find myself coming back to BRUT or Clashes at all.

iciparis likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.