Brooke Valentine | The Popjustice Forum

Brooke Valentine

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by aussie, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Hey guys
    Just wondering if there were a lot of Brooke Valentine fans about?
    What are your thoughts on her album Chain letter.
    Is it a...
    Slept on album that was amazing?, Average album? or just the typical run-of-the-mill RnB album?
    Seen a copy of it real cheap and was just wondering if worth picking up?
    Thrill of the Chase, the B-side to Girlfight was an ok song

Over to you.

2. It''s not a bad album. Better than your run of the mill R&B fare, definitely.

Blah Blah Blah was an odd urban remake of Sweet Dreams My LA Ex, which was rather weird. Cover Girl was quite pretty as well.

There are clips on Amazon.

3. I totally forgot about her. I remember liking Girlfight a bit back when it was getting a ton of radio airplay, then she sort of just disappeared.

I think my brother got the album, I''ll have to bother him about it.

4. Chain Letter is well worth buying, especially if you''ve found it quite cheap. It''s a pretty consistent set and a bit more adventurous than your average major-label R&B act. Personal favourites are Long As U Come Home, Blah Blah Blah, the brilliantly psychotic I Want You Dead and Tell Me Why (You Don''t Love Me). Even the ballads are worth a listen - Dying From A Broken Heart is lovely.

Unfortunately, her career seems to have stalled. It was announced on her website in May 2006 that the second album, Physical Education, would follow ''later in the summer''. The site has not been updated since.

5. Wow they''re practically giving the damn thing away on amazon marketplace. $4 new including shipping!

6. Gringo

Gringo Guest

even though Brooke seems to be the typical R&B girl in every way her album was very much not so .It was very very much like a less polished version of Rihanna''s latest .

7. Brooke ahs just lost her record deal hasen''t she?

And yea you should deffo get this, cos it has some great tunes, could do with being a few tracks shorter though, as it does have it''s share of filler.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.