BROS. | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

BROS.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Dylan, May 18, 2022.

1. Oh I loved Uncoupled. I live in New York and I very much responded to it.

2. It was a slow burner for me but I grew to really like it too. It's such a breath of fresh air to see a middle aged gay man be the main focus of dating ups and downs in a show in 2022 and not some cliché ridden side piece. It's about time etc.

KamikazeHeart likes this.
  3. So which streaming service is this on?

4. It's only in cinemas (I think) right now.

phoenix123 likes this.
  5. It’s not out for another month in the UK it seems. 28 October.

This is why people prefer streaming….

Andrew likes this.
  6. I hate Billy Eichner

7. I don't know, I kind of missed this aspect of movies. Having to wait until it shows up in cinemas in your country while it is out in others. We are so impatient today and want it all now, not willing to just wait and appreciate it when it comes. Luke Macfarlane will look better on a cinema screen anyway.

8. Period. I’d be so freaked out if he came and yelled at me on the street and filmed it.

9. I think I’ll wait until it comes out on streaming. Main culprit is Eichner of course. He was mean to my friend on two different occasions at gay bars. She’s still going to see it to support the other people involved. Not for him.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. Do we have any idea of potential box office? This looks great and I’m pressed it’s not out for another month in Australia.

11. lushLuck likes this.
  12. This is my issue with the film. I just don't like Billy. When you're watching a rom-com, you need to root for the main character. At least, I do. I found Billy so whiny and self-involved, it was hard for me to root for him or care for his plight. He and Luke had great chemistry, though, which is a key ingredient for a rom-com.

Jamie likes this.
  13. I hate that everyone keeps dismissing Luke as a Hallmark movie actor… 5 seasons on the iconic Brothers & Sisters begs to differ!

14. Luke has probably made more of a name for himself doing Hallmark movies than he has for his TV work, but he honestly delivers no matter what he does.

Monkey0 likes this.
  15. Bombing to a sub 5M opening weekend stateside.

They’ve already given the Bluray a release date of November 15th, a little over 6.5 weeks from yesterday.

16. I'm still seeing the 8 million projection for the weekend? Which is only a little lower than expectations.

I don't think it will be a huge hit, but I don't think its because America isn't ready for a gay male rom com. I think it's because Billy isn't an appealing personality in that way. And thats not a slam on him - he's funny (at times) and he's good in a certain shtick (I genuinely liked Difficult People). I just don't think he has enough recognizability outside yelling at people on the street for audiences to want to want to see him in something like this.

17. Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    Drew likes this.
  18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Oof

https://inreviewonline.com/2022/09/30/bros/

"Bros ultimately doesn’t matter, a film that wants to be applauded for representation and merely existing when it can’t even be bothered to deliver an entertaining story."

19. It has a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes from critics and a 90% from audiences. Bad reviews are not this movies problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.