Bruce Springsteen - The Boss Thread (Western Stars Out Now) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Bruce Springsteen - The Boss Thread (Western Stars Out Now)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by VicePresidentJocasta, Feb 11, 2017.

1. I am loving this album. I love melancholic melodic Bruce which I’ve missed a bit the last few years.

2. The Boss is coming to a theater near you. Definitely gonna scoop tickets for the TIFF premiere.

Jwentz likes this.
  3. I've had an incredibly tough few weeks. There's a lot going on with my family at the moment that's sort of been pulling me in a few directions and caused me to be going back and forth between 'home' and where I live now. It's forcing me to evaluate what I'm going to be doing with myself in the next few months / with my future, which isn't something I expected to be happening right now. It's been exhausting both emotionally and physically. Two days ago I had to leave for a work trip, which came as a super welcome reprieve. I'm staying in a city where I don't know anyone, which has been really nice. Basically, I've been laying in bed binging RHONY and ordering way too much food when I'm not working.

Last night I went for dinner on my own, had a few drinks, and as I was walking home passed a theater around the block from my Airbnb that was playing Blinded By The Light. I grabbed a ticket, walked around a bit until the movie started, got stoned and sat in an empty theater (literally not another person there), and... holy shit did I cry a lot. The movie packed such an unbelievable punch. Honestly, it's mostly quite cheesy (in a cute way), but it's also incredibly endearing and really sweet. Nothing hits me quite like Bruce does, and the way they use his music here to tell a story about feeling trapped, chasing dreams, understanding connections to family, and recognizing sacrifices made by your parents, just really fucked me up. In a great way. I literally would have watched it again directly after if I could. Sitting there alone as Bruce's music blasted repeatedly through the theater was so comforting. I woke up today feeling a little bit better, with a slightly clearer head. It's wild how something so small can put so much into perspective.

I seriously feel like Bruce has always been there exactly when I needed him.

Also, the guy who plays the best friend Roops could like... get it. Especially with his Springsteen shirt, jacket, and bandana on.

[​IMG]

cortex likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.