BTS | The Popjustice Forum

BTS

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Robinho#1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    Left to right: V, Jimin, Suga, J-Hope, Rap Monster, Jin and Jungkook

Bangtan Boys also known as BTS is a seven member band managed by Big Hit Entertainment.The group consists of three rappers (Rap Monster, J-Hope and Suga) and four vocalists (Jin, V, Jimin and Jungkook). The group debuted in 2013 with the single No More Dream and released the first of their 'school trilogy' 2 Cool 4 Skool on June 20, 2013. On September 11, they released their first mini-album and second part to their trilogy, O!RUL8,2? Their second mini-album and conclusion to the series Skool Luv Affair was released on February 12, 2014.

Dark & Wild is the first studio album by the band. It was released jointly with the single Danger on August 19, 2014. The boys made their returned on April 29, 2015 with the single I Need U and EP, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1.

Fun Fact:
    • their name (Bangtan Sonyeondan) is a combination of "방탄" which means bulletproof and "소년단" which means boy scouts.

Trilogy - Singles:
    No More Dream
    We Are Bulletproof Pt.2
    N.O.
    진격의방탄 (The Rise of Bangtan)
    상남자 (Boy In Luv)
    하루만 (Just One Day)

Dark & Wild - Singles:
    Danger
    호르몬전쟁 (War of Hormone)

The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Part 1 - Singles
    I Need U
    Dope

2. Kudos to everyone that has created a thread dedicated to a specific group. I have seriously taken for granted the amount time and energy that all of you have given. As it took me forever to come up with a decent thread for the boys. So, standing ovation to ya'll.

Moving on, I simply adore their EP. Honestly, it surpassed all of my expectations and now I have been delivert! And to think this rookie group managed to out due M.A.D.E, Exodus and Odd (the latter is great by the way). No wonder Big Hit Entertainment has decided to give them no rest. Part of me is excited for the second series but I feel bad for them.

3. Danger has probably one of the best choreography going in K-Pop. I know nothing about them other than that song which is incredible but they're on my to-do list as I see a lot about them on social media.

4. Kings. I need to revisit their album, I remember it being really good.

5. Dope's footwork alone is better than the entire choreography for Danger. Hands down one of the greatest MVs from any boy band.

6. Love these guys. Maybe a bit too charismatic with the shouty rapping and 'bad boy vocals' but still great.

7. 3Xs

3Xs

They're the top of the new generation of boy bands tbh. Where winner is too boring and EXO too derivative they get it just right, and have been on point with a consistent sound and image since debut. Sometimes I forget they come from Big Hit aka the same company that gave us 2AM (and GLAM, rip). In any event they have enough raw talent to end up going for a long time. Hopefully they don't burn out.

8. This is the best version that I can find of their performance @ Melon. Love the stage mix.

9. I've had Dope/War on Hormone/I Need U on loop all day. Boy bands are not my thing really but they are great performers.

Robinho#1 likes this.

10. Sad that this trilogy series will be coming to an end. Doubt they'll manage to top it.

11. Yeah, but we have this coming...

Deleted member 5343 likes this.
  12. Loving this album.

13. Which members would you choose to form a subunit?

14. V, Jin and J-Hope. I'm not sure how this would sound or if it would even work out, but they're the most overlooked members, I think.

Robinho#1 likes this.
  15. V's the most popular member...

Jin and J Hope are definitely overlooked. Vocally, Jin has improved so much. His voice really stood out in the second chorus of Perfect Man.

I feel as though BTS holds J Hope back. Dance wise, he's a tier above Jimin (will forever be my fave) and those two have a sizable gab ahead of Jungkook. Anyways, their choreography continuously fails to highlight his abilities. It's so frustrating. I also really like his rap style. First Verse is a bop.

Deja-Boo likes this.
  16. @Deja-Boo, JHope and Jimin were spotted filming for a new variety show.

Deja-Boo likes this.
  17. I'll admit I don't really follow them outside music, but they don't get much variety work, right (I mean outside their V app stuff)? If so, slay the general public boys! I only know about Jungkook going on some Bromance show with Shinhwa Minwoo and that looks like a good mix of funny and awkward so I'll be watching it.

18. V was on the first episode of Bromance.

Jimin and JHope have done other variety shows. The boys have mentioned that they prefer to promote as group as oppose to individuals. Hence, their strong fandom (physical sales) and lack of public recogition (poor digital sales).

19. Robinho, your sign off actually matches that look that V pulled right before the song came back on again in the video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.