Call Me By Your Name | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Call Me By Your Name

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by ephemeralartery, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Isn’t it out of print now?

2. DONT! I still can’t smell the peach and the vinyl doesn’t go well with the artwork.

3. There’s a copy at my local record shop.

4. He certainly LOOKS 35.

Mikl C likes this.
  5. The Call Me By Your Name writing on the cover is scratch and sniff peach scented, from what I've read, I haven't scratched it.

6. I bought it, but I haven't opened it. I think I'm just going to keep it collector-style.

7. Decided to listen to the audiobook because I feel like it. Armie is so good at narrating. Ugh. Falling in love all over again.

Laurence, andru, Lander and 3 others like this.
  8. Just bought it, glad to hear he’s good at narrating!

man.tis.shrimp likes this.
  9. Armie's right.

10. He

He

I guess it won't happen in the same way Luca envisioned during the press tour, or at all.

Also I think the book needs no sequel whatsoever.

11. He

He

Scream, the book sequel has been announced, and it is out October 29th.

It's called Find Me.
    I wonder how influenced this is by Guadagnino's ideas / the desire for it to turned into a screenplay.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  12. I'm so happy he didn't name it Call Me Again or any type of play on that.

13. “In Find Me, Aciman shows us Elio’s father Samuel, now divorced”

Cancelled.

I hope Amira Casar is still featured in the inevitable film.

14. This sounds like a coming out book of Samuel? I mean his scene was very powerful but it shouldn't be the focus of the story. It probably wouldn't but meh. I just don't think it needs the focus.

Part of the charm was that it was so pure and naiive and I don't know if that can work if they are all grown up even with kids.

He likes this.
  15. It’s all a bit of a worrying cash in to my eyes

Smooth Criminal and He like this.
  16. I'll probably buy it and hate myself every minute it takes me to read through the obvious pandering

He likes this.
  17. He

He

This is definitely me.

18. Ugh I'm gonna read it/watch it but it was perfect as it is, but now everything that generated money gets stretched out and milked till it won't turn into profit anymore, ruining the fine-as-stand-alone originals.

19. He

He

I think it didn't even make much money? But I guess the possible cult following and critical acclaim is there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.