Calum Scott - Only Human (Debut Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Calum Scott - Only Human (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Robert, Nov 24, 2017.

1. I know most people here haven't forgiven him for his Robyn cover, but I think his new single is pretty good.

His album is also now up for pre-order and is released on 9th March 2018.

[​IMG]

01. If Our Love is Wrong
    02. Give Me Something
    03. Rhythm Inside
    04. You Are the Reason
    05. Come Back Home
    06. Stop Myself (Only Human)
    07. Dancing on My Own
    08. Only You
    09. Won't Let You Down
    10. What I Miss Most
    11. Hotel Room
    12. Good to You
    13. Not Dark Yet
    14. Dancing on My Own (Tiësto Remix)

2. And I never will.

3. Oh I don't care about his Robyn cover, I actually like his voice, and the new song is really nice, but I won't be here if it's all such balladry.

Robert likes this.
  4. The second single was uptempo

5. Already the worst album of 2018.

6. 2014

2014 Moderator

He's v. cute though.

stuaw and FrancoisDit like this.
  7. Not with those threats that Jessie J has been making with the singles she's been dropping.

breakaway, Jasiu, Rem and 8 others like this.
  8. Why would you issue a diabolical challenge like this when Jessie J and Louis Tomlinson exist?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  9. I fear I am not able to escape his next singles, but I am definitely going to try.

10. Looking forward to this. Credit to him getting a career and album after Cowell failed to sign him. He has struggled to make his future singles beyond Dancing On My Own a success though but I do like them.

Jasiu and GRMusic like this.
  11. God I've heard this bullshit at my gym before.

An EDM remix of a heteronormative boring ass cover of an iconic gay song THAT WAS A BANGER IN THE FIRST PLACE is just the ultimate form of straight nonsense.

He seems alright though I guess lol.

12. I doubt I'll ever listen to this but some of y'all do a bit tew much against him.

stuaw, Jasiu and londonrain like this.
  13. Calum didn’t actually straightwash the pronouns in the song (and came out shortly after the single release), but carry on.

(I agree that his cover was far, far too ubiquitous, but it’s made major coin for Robyn of all people... we’re hardly talking Felix Jaehn/“Ain’t Nobody” levels of treachery here.)

Jasiu, londonrain, Gintoki and 3 others like this.
  14. This is coming out stupidly late no?

londonrain likes this.
  15. I'm so glad I no longer listen to Capital FM.

16. You Are The Reason is beautiful.

I don't get all the hate? He did a decent cover of Robyn's song and it did amazing.

Jasiu and Robert like this.
  17. "You Are The Reason" is his best song to date. The lyrics really moved me as it reminded me of my first love. I do love his voice so I'm looking forward to his album (the fact that he is also such a cutie also helps)

Jasiu likes this.
  18. I love all the songs released so far. Stoked.

Jasiu likes this.
  19. I once matched with him on tinder. Hahahahaha!

20. Queer complaints about a gay man covering a straight woman’s song and making it too ‘heteronormative’ despite the original being about straight relationship drama.

Do carry on.

roborovsky, Jasiu, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.