Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2 | Page 137 | The Popjustice Forum

Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 2

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Apr 27, 2016.

1. I think he was peak in the One Kiss era. So no.

2. RMK

RMK

Early 10s was his best. In the DJ to pop producer pipeline, Calvin picked up where David Guetta left off.

Mushroom, Island, iRelate and 3 others like this.
  3. Trashy bops yas

Island, Mr_Matt, Rob and 1 other person like this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

One Kiss was big but 18 Months era was him basically being huger and huger with every song - he was easily at his peak then.

5. No but the way he started the 18 Months era a cute little UK DJ and finished it a mammoth superstar (and possibly the most famous DJ on the planet) was mildly iconic.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  6. I know it’s basic, but I’ll always have a soft spot for overplayed bop Summer.

Mikal, Ashling92, R27 and 5 others like this.
  7. Yeah 18 Months is Calvin at his best, bops upon bops. Even the 8th single released from the album was a force!

[​IMG]

8. 'Ready for the Weekend' is still his peak for me (and Vol. 1 comes close to it).

eddy2375, sinner, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  9. Stan Grum

10. Post pole and I'll think about streaming again.

11. It’s out there…

Txetxu, bazayer and inevitable like this.
  12. I just listened to This Is What You Came for. This is the Calvin music I want back.

13. Entered the charts at #5 on Friday, one place behind an Ed Sheeran album that's been out since last October.

I think the imperial phase *might* be over.

Creguk likes this.
  14. I wonder if there will be a quick turnaround with the next project. Surely his Vegas nights don’t play any of this stuff?

15. How great is Obsessed though. Just the dying days of summer bop I need. You could say I'm...

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  16. I definitely am.

elektroxx and Ferk like this.
  17. Obsessed music video out now. Not sure if Calvin ever announced this or hyped it up but at least Shenseea looks good in the video.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  18. I can't with Charlie but Obsessed is easily the best thing on the album and probably the closest he got to an actual funk wav on this album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.