Camera Obscura

Do they have any songs as good Lloyd I'm Ready etc.? I watched their other videos on YouTube but they bored me, although some of the videos were fun (but none as ace as Lloyd...)

Jessica

Lloyd... is probably the best thing they've done. Their previous two full length albums (Biggest Bluest Hi Fi and Underachievers Please Try Harder) were "nice" in a sort of "not quite Belle & Sebastian" way.

But since Isobel Campbell quite B&S (their best feature IMO) Camera Obscura can step out of their shadow. Their new album really is rather good, only given it the one listen but it's all pretty dreamy in a Hey Lloyd fashion.

My previous favourite song of theirs was Eighties Fan, see what you make of that.

I LOVE the title track "Let's Get Out Of This Country" - it even has the phrase bees knees in the chorus. Also one about "Margaret" (can't remember full title). V good album. I don't like the olders as much.

I wonder if this came out a bit earlier than planned because the video is private now. With them being back on Merge, I wonder if "Biggest Blue Hi-Fi" will get repressed on vinyl again...

Anyways, stoked to hear more from them!

I LOVE the title track "Let's Get Out Of This Country" - it even has the phrase bees knees in the chorus. Also one about "Margaret" (can't remember full title). V good album. I don't like the olders as much.
LOVE that song. It’s honestly become my favorite of theirs tbh. Just so perfectly melancholic

Tracyanne unfortunately showed her ass by liking and following a bunch of JK Rowling/Linehan trans critical stuff on twitter a couple of years ago, so I'm out.

Surprised nobody has mentioned French Navy yet. That’s their other big showstopper when it comes to euphoric pop anthems.
That whole album is such a treat.

And these ones, too:

There's too much to post in one!

Yes, "Come Back Margaret"!!

Tracyanne unfortunately showed her ass by liking and following a bunch of JK Rowling/Linehan trans critical stuff on twitter a couple of years ago, so I'm out.
This is disheartening to know about; damn it, Tracyanne.

Last edited:
It is true. I remember her also engaging with a few disappointed fans on Twitter calling her out on that, and her claiming not to be a transphobe. I myself took almost a 3,5 years break from listening to them after that incident. I don’t think she liked/engaged with any problematic stuff since then, so I’m willing to give her a chance, hoping that she learned something from that time.

Last edited: