Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion) | Page 216 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Camila (Debut Album & Singles Discussion)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Oct 14, 2016.

1. I'm officially addicted to Never Be The Same.

2. I feel like I'd like Never Be the Same more if it were a Rihanna song. Though thats true of many songs.

3. Real Friends is great, gives me early 2000's teas. So breezy.

Florencia. and Whyamievenhere like this.
  4. Never Be The Same is nice.

Real Friends sounds like a filler on a Selena Gomez album.

5. RMK

RMK

It reminded me a bit of this DNCE track.

Jersey likes this.
  6. I had high expectations for the studio version of Never Be The Same after hearing her sing it on tour, but after hearing it for the first time, I was slightly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I still love the song, but the studio version sounds badly mixed? I don't know what it is. I also expected the song to be more guitar-driven and was disappointed that that wasn't the case.

And as much as I would love to see this song become a hit, I don't think it will get played on radio much because I can see the falsetto part during the pre-chorus being quite divisive. That chorus is excellent and super catchy, though.

Real Friends is lovely and she sounds fantastic in it. I can't wait to see her perform this (hopefully playing the guitar).

The album only having 10 tracks plus the radio edit of Never Be The Same isn't really an issue for me. I can just easily add OMG, I Have Questions, and Crying In The Club and now I have a 14-track album.

Florencia. likes this.
  7. RMK

RMK

They are definitely saving some big song for after the album release (like Rude Boy, Hands To Myself, etc.), but neither of these songs really feel like singles.

8. Is it I Try by Macy Gray? I was driving myself nuts all day trying to figure it out.

Animalia likes this.
  9. Apparently there is gonna be a japan edition 12 days after the release date with 2 Japanese exclusive tracks. With havana shooting up the charts, lets get that massive market.

10. There’s a tracklist in the source code of her site.

11. They scrapped the one Ed Sheeran wrote? A good reason to go as well. Sangria Wine by Pharrell (well she said this one may still come out next year). All of these scrapped songs.. :(

12. People are saying The Boy is called She Loves Control now. We’ll see.

13. Me too

Florencia. and Whyamievenhere like this.
  14. What is THE POINT of tacking the RADIO EDIT of Never Be the Same on the end of the album?

I wish shit like that didn’t actually infuriate me, but it does. A 10-tracker it is.

15. I feel like they’re giving the song about a month to build up momentum, and then when people play the album it’ll count as two streams to give it a boost.

16. There's an easier solution if they're trying to maximize current streams on album release...

Whyamievenhere likes this.
  17. Wasn't completely sold at first but after a few listens, Never Be The Same is very very good.

18. Spoke to a friend tonight who's interviewing her next week for Rolling Stone & told her to find out why Never Be The Same is so crap.

19. Never Be The Same is pretty great, and if anyone doesn't love it now they will after seeing her perform it a few times.

20. First listen, this is a hit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.