Camila Cabello - Camila | Page 340 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Camila

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by dijeizasin, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMK

RMK

I really don't think the plan with New Friends was to be a radio single, though. Sangria Wine was a lost cause, but I do agree that maybe it is a bit ignorant to think big "traditional" hits aren't the end goal. What I've noticed from her especially is that there's a strong interest in keeping her streaming presence alive. She's had so many songs in and out of huge playlists on Spotify, it all feels like that's a main focus for her.

2. Island

Island Staff Member

She got a nomination at the Melon Music Awards in South Korea for Album if the Year.

A true unnie.

3. Camila is an okay album. Not any worse than the debuts of popstars that are legends now. I mean, of course it ain't Madonna or The Fame, both of which are ridiculously strong debuts, or even a Yours Truly, but I think it's probably a bit stronger than Kylie and Britney's debuts.

That's not to say she'll be a legend. It's becoming clear to me that her and her team are way too conservative and bland in their approach to make her an exciting enduring act. I still think she has the potential though.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    POPGASM likes this.
  4. Do we have any rumours/news about album #2 at this point?
    I don't get her team man. Truly baffling. I am so ready for a new era.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  5. I thought I saw a tweet saying she'd finished the album but I can't seem to find it so I think I may have imagined it.

thequinntessential likes this.
  6. What does “performed” specifically mean there? Like, most covered?

Holly Something and Jesus Jugs like this.
  7. She doesn't have the it factor really, her personality/image reeks of desperation and I don't see the geepee ever getting invested in her. The Ashanti of our time.

8. I don't get "artsy" from any of her songs. To these ears the current songs sound like safe re-treads of her hits. Liar and Senorita sound like Havana. Shameless and Easy sound like Never Be The Same. They're not bad, but not groundbreaking either. Nothing she's doing feels like a departure or anything artsier than what worked for her before, which is a problem of its own but a familiar one when labels want to re-create "hits".

9. Shameless literally sounds nothing like Never Be The Same. What even.

Florencia. likes this.
  10. They’re like rehashes but even worse - she’s lost me this era

11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

[​IMG]

I'mma need you to leave icon Ashanti out of this

12. I want another Crying In The Club please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.