Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 112 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surely the tour will be scrapped? These arenas seem so so ambitious even before the tumblr page was discovered. The girl was good for radio but as a performer/personality she lacks charisma. I’ll give her credit for the Fallon performance but I have zero desire to see her live, especially knowing it’ll be her warbling her way through the ‘Romance’ album

2. As much as I hate myself for saying this, Camila's stage presence is actually the only thing she has going for her. It's just a shame that this is paired with bland songs and, you know, the controversies surrounding her.

tea, thequinntessential and marie_05 like this.
  3. Say what you will about her as a person but this simply is not true. Almost all of her promo performances are killer.

4. I think there's a difference between having charisma/stage presence and simply being a good performer. Her performances are undoubtedly great - they're visually interesting and she executes them very well - but I still wouldn't pay to sit and watch her for 2 hours, and the only reason I can come up with is that she herself just isn't that interesting. She doesn't captivate in the way that big stars do, and I'm not sure there's any way around that.

5. All this stuff that’s happened re racist posts hasn’t even been a blip for her.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Is anyone surprised though? All we can do is boycott her music and spread the word about her racism to people who don’t know.

7. Sadly true, but is this certification primarily off of Señorita being included on the album?

8. I'm desperately looking for a Dua Lipa/Cabello mashup it was called The One In The Club it was erased from youtube. If anyone has it please PM thanks.

9. Barf. Everything about this broke me out in hives.

10. New lyric video for My Oh My

11. The fact this has been allowed to reach platinum status shows how shit the taste of the general public is. What a pile of generic, oddly composed crap.

12. I'm going to need a list of what each song sounds like so I can compare.

13. Seems like the album is increasing in the US and is hanging on in the UK. I’m guessing it’s down to My Oh My streams?

Had a look at the ticket maps for some of her US dates, can’t see it being scrapped with the level of tickets already sold. Still 4 months to go, too.

14. Wasn’t her last album like that as well? I remember a thread comparing songs to other artists’ and Banks’ Gemini Feed was one of them

15. I have a comment to make about Camila. I really do believe the girl is talented and has a star reedeeming quality, but this whole racism saga has ruined her material forever, at least to me. I cannot believe she hasn't truly tried to address the issue and all is being swept under the rug like nothing. I tried to approach the new album after hearing and enjoying the initial singles and all I can think about is how Normani had to soldier on by working with Cabello through all these years. We obviously do not know how it all went down back stage, but knowing Miss Kordei had to put up with such shit behavior by collaborating with a xenophobe to make a living makes my skin crawl.

16. She’s just been announced as a performer for the Grammys. The picture they used was a solo pic of just her so I hope that indicates that she isn’t performing Senorita again with Shawn.

17. This can still happen.
    A performer can also be part of a medley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.