Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 118 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is this really recent? It's incredible she's clueless to this extent.

2. I think the interview was done in December so unfortunately yes.

3. I totally agree with everything above. Her comments have been disgusting. Something that never crossed my mind when I was young. But she was still a kid and kids make big mistakes sometimes. It all down to bad parenting really. But at one point all kids should be forgiving for making mistakes.

Ultravioletvvvvv likes this.
  4. [​IMG]

5. 'I'm not going to write songs about like, you know, making money or like being a bad bitch'
    Ok then.

6. Really all that needs to be said.

tea, Staticboombox and johnny_tsunami like this.
  7. She's not going to write songs about making money because with the way her solo singles have been performing, what's she's making probably ain't much.

8. A comment like that goes to show she's still a racist with a bad case of internalized misogyny

9. Is being racist a "mistake"? Accidentally liking a post is a mistake, forgetting to pick up milk on the way home from work is a mistake.

Posting and reblogging racist posts multiple times over a significant period of time is no mistake. It is deliberate and intentional and it baffles me that people don't see this.

For the wider public outside of her relationship with Shawn, she probably isn't on anyone's radar and given the payola for playlists on radio and Spotify if she releases a bop it will unfortunately gain traction but outside of the few loyal fans she has people don't care enough to notice her Tumblr past.

10. Camila take notes

Music Is Life likes this.

11. Twitter eats her up every time she tweets something/does an interview. So I’m not sure if this is simply another case of trolls on stan twitter using this opportunity to drag her instead of actually caring about the implications of those reblogs/her racism. It’s all pretty sad.

I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt and I enjoy her music but I don’t think I can really be a fan of hers again until she’s addressed this properly and have apologised to the people it affects.

12. Imagine thinking someone is owed some kind of redemption arc just because you stan for some songs. The onus isn't on us to give it to her anyway, and it isn't achieved by winning us over with some "bops".

13. Just wrote a letter to one of the mods to see what happens with this thread. I'm tired of bullshit. I know it is not much and that there might be a bit of shortage of words when it came down to expressing myself since English is not my first language, but I'd like everyone to read what I sent out:

Good morning,

I have been using the Camila thread quite a lot recently since I used to be a fan of her music (yes, what a choice) until her racist past has been brought up on internet and she consequently issued that piss poor apology who did not convince a single soul.

Thing is, after this particular situation happened, it seems like some of the members here do not care about it at all. There hasn't been an ounce of respect shown by some of our fellow forum members to the hurt communities.

Since we are currently shared users of a forum that is also composed of black and asian people who have been damaged by her actions, the reason why I'm writing this DM is because I'd really like the thread to be closed down. That thread is a toxic place where some white members have been nonchalant and some of them have been just plain rude.

I am white and I'm frigging baffled at this shitty behaviour in 2020. It is unacceptable. We need to start the change, as small as it might be, to teach and ingrain respect towards others.

Thanks and sorry for the rant. Have a lovely day.
    José

Music Is Life likes this.
  14. Señorita aside, I’m pretty sure Camila or Fifth Harmony never had a hit without a hip hop artist on it, but she seems to weirdly scoff at hip hop music in that interview. She is such a bottom of the barrel, racist talent vacuum who we shouldn’t even be talking about.

KingBruno, 4Roses, junkos and 8 others like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Stan Normani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.