Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is the one, great chorus.
    Although the bridge is absolutely horrible...

2. "South Of The Border" would low-key slap if it was just Camila and Cardi.

3. this song is the best of the 3, the other 2 felt abit try-hard. This feels more organic in a sense. I have a feeling the second album will be very hit and miss though.

spaceship likes this.
  4. Liar is rising pretty quickly on US iTunes, so I don’t think they should abandon it completely, since it’s actually reacting well to airplay and holding up well on Spotify. It might not be a super smash hit for her but it’ll do something. Its trajectory so far reminds me of NBTS’s chart run.

Conan likes this.
  5. Oh, Cry For Me is pretty great!

spaceship likes this.
  6. It's #53.

basil, Vixen, drewsky and 18 others like this.
  7. The chorus is so Marina.

RainOnFire and Bogdan like this.
  8. Cry For Me is definitely the best of the three. A bit of a serve.

9. This should have been the lead.

spaceship likes this.
  10. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

basil, Vixen, Island and 9 others like this.
  11. This isn't good either. But her voice has turned me off more on these 3 songs than ever before, so maybe I'd like the song better in the hands of someone who's voice I enjoy more.

lushLuck and junkos like this.
  12. The mixing is tragic on the 3 songs but Cry For Me is the worst. I love the song a lot but the last chorus is just too loud and grating. There is also a 'machine hum' sound through out that you can hear clearly in the beginning. There is no dynamic range whatsoever.

An Insider, strangekin and junkos like this.
  13. I maintain that her singing makes her unique and I don’t think it’s that much more grating than early Britney’s peak pop voice, for example. She isn’t half as charismatic and likeable though, I think that’s the main problem.

GimmeWork and Electivirer like this.
  14. Not a fan of Cry For Me, it’s a bit boring? Much prefer the last two singles.

junkos likes this.
  15. This is a huge issue with her. No matter how many great songs she releases (and I've enjoyed all 3 of the new ones), I fear she won't be cement herself with any kind of longevity because she's simply not memorable enough. It's a shame because she's talented, but for a pop star personality/charisma/X factor or whatever you want to call it is almost more important than talent.

An Insider and junkos like this.
  16. Unsurprisingly I love it and don't understand a single one of those objections. Completely spellbinded and biased.

17. I thought this too. Weirdly processed.

This is the only memorable song so far.

spaceship likes this.
  18. It's ok. Liar and Shameless are better.

Bogdan, junkos and Jesus Jugs like this.
  19. Normally I hate when people stay stuff like this, but -

Sis. You're 22, not 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.