Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 43 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

1. It's just so... forced.
    'LIKE MY SONG AND MAKE IT A MOMENT'.

2. Who cares? Sis is hustling for a hit. Better than putting a song out and then pissing off on holiday like 60% of our faves.

3. If "I want to see you become emotionally hysterical and tag me in it!" really counts as 'hustling for a hit" these days then the promotion bar is at an all time low.

4. I don’t necessarily see anything wrong with the tweet (it reads more like how she thinks her audience types and it’s not like she’s trying to incite some accompanying #challenge to actually fuel this) but I do have an objection to these tracks all being sorta limp and forgettable.

Someboy likes this.
  5. The middle-8 reminds me so much of BANKS’ “The Fall”, but half baked.

6. A reverse Melodrama experience. It's like she's trying to be smart/cool but the reach...

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  7. It's very:

superultra likes this.
  8. Someboy

Someboy Moderator

Any other old-timers around here remember when the front page (was updated regularly) had that thing about pop stars who get it and those that don’t? Camilla doesn’t get it.

3Xs, Vixen, Mr. Humes and 8 others like this.
  9. Cry for Me is alright. Though the chorus make me think of Ava Max for whatever reason.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. ddddd she' so boring. All 3 of these songs are average at the very best. And it's painfully obvious that her team is chucking out anything and everything and desperately hoping that something sticks. They should have waited for Seniorita to die down a bit, had confidence in one lead single and put a proper push behind it.

11. I love Cry For Me, my fave out of the 3

12. It’s the best of the three

And that’s not saying much

13. I mean I agree with you, it's all a bit of a mess really, but I think it's also worth remembering that the 'chuck it all out and see what sticks' approach did actually work the first time round. It led us to Havana - and even that wasn't an instant hit. So I'm not counting her out just yet.

14. Crying in the Club and I Have Questions (and evening OMG) were all leagues better than these songs though.

Smooth Criminal and lushLuck like this.
  15. Her voice didn’t annoy me the first time round, but for some reason this era it’s grating on me? Perhaps something about the sound of these recent songs just isn’t right

spaceship and junkos like this.
  16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Thank you for pointing this out, her diction on the chorus was reminding me of someone else's vocal style and I couldn't place my finger on it! It's very Marina.

Cry for Me is fine. I like it, but I also really liked Shameless when it came out and that lasted for like... a day and a half. Liar didn't work for me from the get-go.

I'm with @Someboy, I just don't think she gets it. Things shouldn't feel this laboured so early on in her career.

17. Laboured is the correct word.

18. OMG is probably my favourite thing she's done but Crying in the Club is terrible. These 3 songs are great, the problem is they're all of a similar quality. She needs to hit on that one big smasha like she did with Havana.

19. Cry For Me is much more instant than Liar on first listen imo and atleast somewhat original for her.

Loving the light rock influences she has going on with this and Shameless.

Florencia. and spaceship like this.
  20. Y'all are so weird about Camila. If this was a Charli tweet you'd stan.

She's not the most exciting or inspiring popstar, but the three tracks so far are decent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.