Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

1. I kinda love that Cry For Me performance. Although someone on Twitter & @superultra pointed out it sounds like a Marina song and now that's all I can hear.

GimmeWork likes this.
  2. When I hear "Cry for Me," I hear hear "Oh Nah!" instead of "Oh No!"

ddd, I hate that I really like it because it bites Marina's sound.

3. On Cry for Me’s chorus is very Marina-esque (the cry for me, die for me bit...) The rest feels very Pop-rock in a way that surprised me on my first listen.

Babyface, superultra and spaceship like this.
  4. Cripes. I'd put at least Liar and Shameless in the "great" category.

It seems odd that I should be stanning these songs when I've never liked anything she's released before.

5. Marina would have done Cry for Me so much better than Camila.

6. I don’t know why I never made the connection before but now that you pointed it out Camila has some big Rachel Berry energy.

7. Since when am I someone on Twitter

8. I actually feel bad for Camila, since she obviously wants to make a different kind of music and everytime she tries it, it backfires on her. All 4 tracks are inoffensive, sweet pop songs that could probably score hits if performed by other artists. I want to see her succeeding trying out other outfits than the "latin infused" pop one for the sake of her longevity.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  9. Liar, Shameless and Easy are all very good tracks. The only one I don’t dig as much is Cry For Me.

With that being said, I don’t know what her team’s doing. They really should focus on one song.

Jesus Jugs likes this.
  10. It's a 4/4 for me so far, I officially stan. That "Easy" SNL performance oulala.

11. Maybe you should stop conflating @Vasilios with, in your words, "this thread".

12. Not to be obtuse but...where are people getting the idea that she wants to make a different type of music? I keep seeing it mentioned here but aside from, I don’t know, wanting Consequences to be a single, I don’t see anything else pointing to that?

13. I literally only said her sets were better in the past too.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  14. You really think these songs would be hits for other people? I don't think the issue here is who's singing them, but that the songs just aren't great. They all feel like the 4th single from a so-so album, none of them are great lead singles. As most people have said, they're not even terrible but they're all far from spectacular. And the entire rollout has been so weird, too. She's throwing out too much at once and now people are just outright ignoring a lot of it - Cry For Me missed the Hot 100 entirely.

15. Easy is really growing on me. Best of the bunch. But I should have seen that coming. There's just something about a song called Easy.

Verandi, GimmeWork, nooniebao and 2 others like this.
  16. The middle one
    [​IMG]

17. The last one made Bonnie's buzz career worth the hassle.

nooniebao likes this.

18. [​IMG]

Verandi, Laurence, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  19. I'm genuinely curious about this comment. Can you elaborate?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.