Camila Cabello - Romance | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

Camila Cabello - Romance

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Florencia., Dec 5, 2018.

1. Out of the blue Easy is THAT BOP.
    I'd buy a red vinyl of this but of course none are coming eh?

2. I just listened to Living Proof and... why is she warbling like a dying bird? It wouldn't be so bad for the ears if the autotune was absent. The chipmunk vocals aren't that enjoyable either, but I happen to bop to Private Show so...
    In other news... They really should've done more with She Loves Control; I was always confused as to how I wasn't hearing it everywhere - really screams 'single'.

3. I’ve been listening to all the released material so far and they gel quite well. The artwork is great; I just need a red vinyl to complement it now.

Havana and Florencia. like this.
  4. From what you guys were saying, I expected Living Proof to be much worse than it actually is. Chorus is kind of interesting, though her voice does sound really strained. With a more relaxed delivery, it could have worked. The song is fine, though nothing I see myself coming back to.

It just a shame that Shameless is not being followed by better songs because I think that song is lowkey fire.

5. Living Proof is .... meh.

6. I don’t think it’s up to the standard she requires, from a commercial standpoint, but I think ‘Living Proof’ is sort of great?

Mikal, Lost Boy and breakaway like this.
  7. RMK

RMK

Living Proof is the worst of what we've gotten so far. All the other songs have gotten some sort of replay value from me.

Vixen likes this.
  8. Why is Living Proof doing so bad on iTunes?

9. Declining returns from being the fifth single thrown out in rapid succession?

The greater mystery to me is how she is still managing to secure instant prime placements on Today's Top Hits/A List Pop, despite none of the previous singles really catching on.

TrixieVillaintina likes this.
  10. Who cares? It's doing pretty nicely on Spotify.

11. I'd argue it's not really a single but an instant grat thing so i wouldn't look too much into this. However, the other four singles yes as they've either had music vidoes or televised live performances.

12. Living Proof is the first thing I've liked/remembered from this album era so surprised it's disliked here. Nothing mind-blowing but its cute.

13. Can she re-release 'OMG' and give it the justice it deserves?

14. Either that or raid Charli XCX's Stargate leftovers.

Wishlight, Andy French, Rem and 7 others like this.
  15. I haven’t minded all 4 songs we had gotten so far - I particularly liked Liar and Cry For Me.

The distorted high pitched vocals on Living Proof kind of ruin it for me though. I think it would’ve been a potentially good song if sung normally.

Still hoping for some more bops on the album.

Vixen likes this.
  16. She’s filming a music video for Living Proof according to a recent Instagram livestream where she was on the set. Looks like it’s getting a proper radio push in the USA according to AllAccess too. All signs point to it being the next single from Romance.

spaceship likes this.
  17. Unpopular opinion, but I actually quite like Living Proof! I also got tickets to the tour this morning. I hate buying tickets for a concert almost a year away... but here we are! Anyone else thinking of checking her out on tour.

I also am really hoping Shawn makes an appearance at the Toronto show

Abandon06 likes this.
  18. It blows my mind that Shameless didn't do better. The video and song is literally the best thing she has done.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Shameless got old for me quickly and nothing else has stuck, but I give her props for actually committing to an album, and releasing it in the same calendar year as the singles for that matter. I like the artwork too.

20. RMK

RMK

I really liked Cry For Me for a minute.

GimmeWork, Vixen, Duppe and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.