Can we have a glossary page for all the millennial slang?! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Can we have a glossary page for all the millennial slang?!

Discussion in 'Forum business' started by distant_cousin, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Oh, give it a rest. We get it, young people are a curse, Netflix is the worst, why aren't people releasing cassettes anymore.

2. Also when you go into threads, there really isn’t that much “millennial slang” which is difficult to understand. Unless people saying sis is difficult for you

Andy French likes this.
  3. It doesn't really bother me in slightest, but I think it's funny when I see a bunch of people posting small little uncapitalized/unpunctuated responses like their trying to imitate their favorite indie artists' latest tracklist since all the cool girls seems to be stylizing their tracklists this way lately.

4. It’s been two years (I think) and I’m still not over what happened to Nn. Lift the ban.

5. Remember when he wanted to do the same to kii but couldn't because he didn't want to disrupt discussion on Kiiara?

Kii

6. Remember when "slay" was censored? It's a good thing that was reversed, or the ****yyter thread would have been... interesting.

7. I've looked up the term "inkies" online, since somebody had gone to all the trouble of singling out that post of mine elsewhere on the forum as somehow problematic. Oddly, the reference I know - it was a term given to the weekly broadsheet music papers of the 70s, 80s and 90s.... NME, Melody Maker, Sounds because the print got all over your hands - isn't anywhere to be found.

Still, I did make it clear what I was talking about, but nevermind.

8. Inkies I'm familar with but I've no idea what Nn means... the sound you make when straining on the pot?

...or kii for that matter...

I'm old.

Eric Generic likes this.
  9. its*

[​IMG]

10. Get her, Jade.

MixmasterRemix and Robert like this.
  11. I don't mind the phrases I'm unfamiliar with. Sometimes they make me laugh, but I like to understand the origin of them. I google when I don't know them, but not everything is easy to find unless, PJ users really are referring to Double Digit Dicks all the time with "ddd" ....

Blue6010 likes this.
  12. Popjustice is generally a lot easier to read than social media, I find. There's less reliance on whatever the stock phrases of the moment happen to be and many of the quirks of language people use are things I don't really see anywhere else. It's weirdly comforting.

londonrain and Remorque like this.
  13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Administrator

It's like ddddd but further down the alphabet and easier to pronounce.

londonrain and VivaForever like this.
  14. Nn died so we could dddddd

soratami, 1991, londonrain and 19 others like this.
  15. Seaux... This happened, eh.

Jwentz likes this.
  16. What privilege.gif
    WHO?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.