Canada's Drag Race (S2) | Page 77 | The Popjustice Forum

Canada's Drag Race (S2)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tiger Suit, May 14, 2020.

1. The way the lip synched brought this megabop crashing back into my orbit, I haven't been able to stop playing it since!

2. Pains me to say it but Brooke Lynn's given us three shoots in a row.

Daniel!, sesita, huntypoo and 20 others like this.
  3. Brooke does look amazing and I actually am reeeeally enjoying what she’s doing as host!

Surprised to see Stephanie go this early but you could kind of tell where it was going when she did pretty much the same thing the whole time. Synthia was on point with the lipsync so I’m glad she stayed.

There’s something about Eve where, even though we are told she did well this week (and she did, comparatively), there is still something just so tentative about her always. In an overacting challenge I think she could have done way more, and I bet she thinks she is pushing it to 100.

Gia was great but that speech (of what we saw) was really off putting and seemed disingenuous. Glad Adriana won as that runway was truly superb.

Think Pythia is my favourite thus far.

4. I’m so glad that this season is holding up and looks promising. So many contenders and amazing looks! I’m still not over Pythia’s runway from last week. Canada’s Drag Race will always have a special place in my heart as it was my first proper season of the franchise but this is really popping so far. There are so many interesting characters. I laughed quite a lot at the challenge, it was stupid but funny. I screamed at Jimbo’s appearance.

I had Stephanie picked to go far and Adriana to be an early out so this week was surprising. Though Stephanie was definitely the weakest, as was Synthia.

Another bop for the lip sync, we are being fed! I will admit, I hadn’t heard the song before the lipsync but I’m addicted now. And I’ve just discovered that it was co-written by Kara DioGuardi which explains everything.

Also Brooke Lynn has been doing a much better job this year, it feels much lighter and in keeping with the whole feel of the show. The other new judges have been great too!

singabob, blod and MilesAngel like this.
  5. I loved that you could tell is was Jimbo immediately because of the size of his tits.

sesita, singabob, Stopremix and 11 others like this.
  6. That might have been the best acting challenge this franchise has seen?

Eve definitely could have done more - that is a fantastic role designed for hamming it up.

sesita, singabob, Stopremix and 5 others like this.
  7. These queens are superbly talented, even Synthia could have gotten a win in any other season with that performance. I also feel like she was mostly punished for having never watched The Handmaid's Tale. And I'm so happy for Adriana too, she absolutely deserved to win.

There's just something special about Suki. I'd say her and Pythia could be the frontrunners.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Stopremix and Juango like this.
  8. Suki gives me very parody of samantha from sex in the city vibes.

sesita, singabob, LPMA and 2 others like this.
  9. They got it so right with this casting.

sesita, singabob, Juango and 7 others like this.
  10. I don't doubt that's coming at some point. One of the 3 will be sent home by another one of the 3.

11. This is true. It’s like she undid all of her shitty choices first season and MUTHA KEEPS SERVING with the new face! I love it.

Another fun episode, but the judging seems slightly suss. I mean Stephanie actually made me laugh? Great concept for the challenge but it did run on for abit too long.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Her debut (and her underrated sophomore) album are pretty amazing. After Avril, she was my favorite Canadian export as a middle schooler

huntypoo, Island, TheOnlyOne and 3 others like this.
  13. This season is a delight. Its energy is so diametrically opposed to UK3 and US13 in every way. Also the judging panel — and honestly, Brooke Lynn Hytes — is one of the best things about it, both in terms of their camaraderie and humour and the actual critiquing. Which I don't think you could say about any other Drag Race season.

Pythia and Icesis are the ones.

2014, mattieh, Jonathan27 and 10 others like this.
  14. Poor Pandora.

sesita, silkandskin, phily693 and 4 others like this.
  15. I think they really came into their own this season. They understood what needed to be done, which was to see what worked and didn’t work with season 1 and then adapted.

Also how amazing does Brooke Lynn look!

16. Stephanie didn’t get enough credit for her petrified voguing in the acting challenge. That was my favourite part, along with her Sidney Prescott in Scream 2 wardrobe. She will be missed.

sesita, Overdose, Andrew and 4 others like this.
  17. I liked Stephanie on the show and think she had a lot of potential (both as a drag queen and as a reality TV persona) but those thin villainous lips had to go. Eliminating her right away might have been drastic but if it is what it takes so be it!

18. Oh my god.

sesita and theelusivechanteuse like this.
  19. I need Icesis, Suki and Pythia in the top 4. The extra spot can go to Gia to add some tension because I really don't want her to win

sesita, Joe. and sometimesxtc like this.
  20. Pythia being great and a front runner has shook me.

sesita and TrixieVillaintina like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.