Canadian Politics | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Canadian Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Already? That was fast.

2. Yeah CTV declared it. Bloc Quebecois was the dark horse, no?

slaybellz likes this.
  3. I know Trudeau has been...troublesome to say the least but still, anything that keeps the Conservatives out.

4. Why is the NDP flopping so bad ddd

ohnostalgia and PopCrushed like this.
  5. I’m really shocked at Bloc.

6. Bloc shouldn’t be allowed to run federally. It’s so stupid.

Anyways, thank god for a projected liberal minority.

7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

A minority government could be good for Canada. I guess we’ll see. Pretty disappointed in how the NDP is performing in urban ridings across the prairies, but I’m glad to see the Green Party support up.

I’m not surprised at the Bloc. Maybe because I’m also from a region of a Canada that feels “alienated.”

PopCrushed and Mr Blonde like this.
  8. Let me go read that cheat sheet to see what BQ's platform actually is aside from banning Muslim veils and wanting to separate.

Vixen, Mr Blonde and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Leaders that might resign? Elizabeth May? Scheer? Nobody?

The total devastation of the NDP so far....

PopCrushed likes this.
  10. So far I’m genuinely shocked at how things are going. Not so much shocked because of how I wanted things to go, but how I genuinely thought it would go.

With that said, I’m really disappointed in the way my riding is going so far.

11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Maxime Bernier starting a horrible party and getting thrown out of government? We love to see it.

12. I've already seen 3 voters on my Facebook breakdown over the current results. These salty, bitter, and generally unpalatable conservative tears...
    [​IMG]

Remorque, phily693, Hyrulian and 11 others like this.
  13. Wait I just saw he held that seat for 13 years. I'm dead.

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I’m not a fan of the Liberal Party, but as a Western Canadian .... us kicking out almost every Liberal west of Ontario.... doesn’t strike me as smart.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. Wow this is the first i'm hearing about this #Wexit / Alberta separation talk all over twitter right now. Yikes...Gonna have to do some reading about what that's all about.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  16. Alberta will never separate. It's just our provinces way of trying to seem edgy or whatever. And anyone here who wants to separate can just leave ffs. But Scheer was a supporter of Brexit or whatever, so I guess it comes with the territory of living in this conservative hell hole.

17. Well I‘m just glad to see Canada starved off of a full dip into ethnonationalism.

Hyrulian, Square, Mr Blonde and 2 others like this.
  18. I’m not really against the Liberals or Trudeau but I’ll admit I was hoping we would get a different result, though looking at the other parties the pickings for a different government were slim. I’m still genuinely shocked that the PPC didn’t do better in my riding given the mass amount of public support the PPC candidate seemed to have but even the Greens did better than him.

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Not this post illustrating how much the rest of Canada ignores western alienation. We won’t actually separate, but it’s a genuine problem, one that’s existed for over half a century and one for which I don’t see a solution. Even I, someone who hates conservative policies and the oil industry, feel disconnected from Central Canada. It’s like they live in a different world sometimes.

slaybellz likes this.
  20. As a liberal supporter this is probably the best result I could've hoped for.

I still would like to see electoral reform, it'd end the ridiculous mismatch that can happen between seat count and popular vote and would force a number of parties to work together rather than huge policy swings with new governments every few years.

Not sure its likely to happen even with a liberal government propped up by ndp, though. Ndp can't really force the issue with liberals right now because they are completely broke and cant afford another election for a few years.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.