Canadian Politics | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Canadian Politics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ohnostalgia, Jul 11, 2019.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Looks like Peter McKay is throwing his hat in for Conservative leadership. Part of me is concerned that if he wins he’ll present a more palatable version of the brand than Andrew Scheer ever did.

tea likes this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Andrew Scheer telling pipeline protestors to check their privilege sums up everything wrong with Canada today.

nooniebao, Mr Blonde and tea like this.

4. In other news, Trudeau’s poll numbers continue to increase.

5. Ah yes the ol being more upset about being called a racist than actual racism... Soon they'll call it a slur.

Island, Hyrulian, tea and 6 others like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

There certainly seems to be a thread of bullying and harassment in everything the liberal party does.

I need the NDP to be a viable party next election.

tea and nooniebao like this.
  7. tea

tea

I think I understand your point, that NDP doesn't usually pull in a lot of votes, but they'll never be viable if people are too scared to vote for them in the first place.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. Yeah, and I don’t think Jagmeet Singh is the leader we need to have a Bernie/Corbyn moment in Canada.

tea likes this.
  9. tea

tea

I wish Singh had stronger policy on tax evasion and wealth taxes, and him being one of 2 NDP MPs not signing the petition to stop the illegal Israeli annexation of the West Bank is disappointing to say the least.

That being said, I am very grateful for the pressure he put on Trudeau to implement a more inclusive and expansive emergency benefit program, mortgage deferrals, student aid, 10 day paid sick leave, as well as his continued pressure to get aid to Canadians with disabilities, seniors, and indigenous communities among many other things.

The NDP have been slowly moving more and more to the right, they really need to get back to their CCF roots.

nooniebao likes this.
    tea likes this.
  11. I wish Ashton was the leader of the NDP.

tea likes this.
  12. tea

tea

Leader of the conservative party, everyone!

nooniebao likes this.
    Mr Blonde likes this.
  14. tea

tea

Great news if this does end up going through, and would be a great first step in honouring indigenous peoples' rights and rebuilding Canada with a green economy.

slaybellz and nooniebao like this.
  15. tea

tea

"at least canada doesn't have a police brutality problem!"

nooniebao likes this.
  16. An absolute dickhead.

PopCrushed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.