Cardi B - 2nd Album (TBD) | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - 2nd Album (TBD)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Honestly this wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure Meg could headline on her own yet, and she and Cardi have both referenced going on the road next year. That would be an insanely hot ticket next summer.

2. Girls you’re raising my hopes too much given the mess we’ve been through.

Purple likes this.
  3. Honestly.. hearing her speak like this I'm kind of glad she's taking it at her own pace. The fact she's putting stuff like taking her daughter to gymnastics class over pushing through an album/tour cycle is real queen behaviour, but her anxiety sounds like it's becoming debilitating in terms of making music.

This is pretty much confirmation it's not in any sort of shape to be released and that we won't be getting it any time soon.

4. I can only imagine the difficulties involved with juggling the kind of career a huge music act has with having children. With that said, I think it's clear, and has been for some time, that her biggest hangup is that anxiety related to the reception of her music. She needs to realize that she's far surpassed any "one-hit wonder" stage. She's a multiplatinum, Grammy-award winning artist. She's had huge success outside of just her debut single/album. I hope she can work with a therapist to untangle some of that anxiety because she has so much more to give.

5. I don't know if I buy "I know after I drop my album I'll have to tour". Who's gonna tell Cardi B she has to tour?

Maybe the anxiety is actually around feeling like she's not creatively fired up and is expected to make an album just because it's been a while. Especially for a rap artist if you have nothing to get off your chest, what are you gonna do? It's not like she's Selena Gomez and she can just sing anything she's given. If she's not in that headspace now, if she has nothing to say...

"I got so much fuckin' money saved up" is telling. And "making music to me has become like a job." She's not hungry for it anymore. I'd expect another few years' wait with odd singles here and there.

bryan89 likes this.
  6. I do believe the album is coming next year, she very recently signed up to a new management deal & she has been talking about a tour like it’s already pencilled in. Her label must be getting to a point where they’re giving her an ultimatum.

7. RMK

RMK

Wasn't she trying to maneuver around her 360 deal awhile ago? I'm sure she has some sort of touring deal.

8. I know that like you never know what’s going on behind the scenes, but having 2 number 1 singles, with the first being a literal pop culture moment, and not capitalizing on that with a body of work is just crazy to me.

9. But if you’re not feeling it, you’re not feeling it. I totally get it.

3Xs likes this.
    Grins and Txetxu like this.
  11. What in the Khia mixtape...

12. That tweet was triggered by the leak of nine reference tracks for the next album. There's no confirmation if she actually recorded them but they are all horrible.

13. Bop

14. Add it as a middle 8 to Bebe's "but he ended up loving alcohol more than this pussy."

15. This has endured exceptionally well on Apple Music, despite not doing much on Spotify. It's just starting to lose steam on radio. She really should get her own single out soon. But I'm guessing they thought the Despecha remix would do.... something (it did nothing dd).

16. How does it happen that a song is a hit on Apple Music but not Spotify?

17. I do understand the pressure's on her. If I were in her shoes, I'd just drop what I have as a surprise album release and tour when she's up to do it in some years.

18. Younger audience into R&B / Hip Hop.

Leopold likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.