Cardi B - 2nd Album (TBD) | Page 90 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - 2nd Album (TBD)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Maybe the album is really coming? She's headlining two nights at Wireless along with Nicki, SZA, J Cole and more.

2. Anyone else got tickets for Finsbury Park? I can't strictly afford it but what an iconic line up! Cardi, Megan, Summer, SZA, Queen Naija, Mahalia and City Girls all in one weekend.

3. I've sworn to never attend Wireless again after the mess of whatever year it was Nicki, Ciara and Charli XCX performed but yeah it's 100% iconic.

Crayons likes this.
  4. I’m ready.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  5. Delighted for Cardi but where is the follow up to Up and WAP? It’s definitely time.

6. RJF

RJF

7. She and Nicki are waiting for each other to drop again, huh.

8. Rob

Rob

Imagine having a 7 x Platinum smash and still no album 2 years later.

[​IMG]

9. Nicki has said her album is coming before summer. They both have festival shows lined up, so I think they'll probably end up coming around the same time... unless Cardi does a festival run without any new music. I thought she'd said she played it for the label a while ago though?

10. So... this is a thing now.

londonrain likes this.
  11. Cardi’s part on No Love seems to be getting a mixed response. I don’t personally mind it but I do think someone like a Jhene would have been better suited an actual R&B singer .

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  12. Yeah I don’t believe Cardi is gonna pull that off live but I’d love to be proven wrong. I was also in general whelmed by what should have been an easy smash

Troylovesmusic likes this.
  13. I almost think it would have been better if she just rapped her part to be honest . She’s shown she can rap well on these type of R&B songs in past . Her singing voice isn’t bad but it’s not the greatest .

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  14. I think she should put out the album with all the post-Invasion singles and then wrap up this era, moving swiftly onto the next one.

londonrain and Txetxu like this.
  15. @Leopold that would be my bet. Unleashing another hit and then housing the previous ones in album 2. Then, after the buzz of scoring a hit and a multi platinum certified sophomore (thanks to its huge singles), I'd promote the next single as the lead of album 3.

Leopold likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.