Cardi B - 2nd Album | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. I think the addition of Bruno probably raised expectations a bit.

2. RMK

RMK

Finesse is also a better song, entirely.

Blue6010, sesita, Ashling92 and 3 others like this.
  3. Yea that was pretty much my point. Finesse, like Bodak and I Like It, instantly sounded like an obvious smash. This song, like Money, is underwhelming.

RMK likes this.
  4. Bruno’s recent collaboration with Gucci and Kodak missed the top 10. Obviously it’s too early to say how it is going to end up in the long run, but the song is off to a solid start.

(And on a personal note, I much prefer this to Finesse).

5. RMK

RMK

There's extra hype surrounding a Cardi and Bruno follow-up though, because Finesse was so well received. On launch there was huge interest, but as we've seen after the past few days not as many listeners have stuck around.

That's obviously not to say this or Money isn't a commercial success despite not reaching highs, but it is what it is.

6. I don't think people really picked up on Money until the Grammy performance. I think it's a fantastic track that deserved to do better than it did

neinzedd and thequinntessential like this.
  7. It took me some time to come around to "Money," but after that double-punch of the music video and her Grammy performance, I finally see the allure.

8. Money is an average track that got a great video and Grammy performance. There are several clunky bars and times where it sounds like she’s struggling to stay on beat, she sounds much more in command and confident on the verses of Please Me (but maybe I’m the only one who thinks so ddd).

I mean, ‘your pussy basura, my pussy horchata’ renders all of Money (And Finesse) irrelevant.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  9. I’m traveling Chile at the moment and I can’t believe how big Taki Taki is here.

In other news she should have two killer songs and instead released this and Money. Both not bad, but both not the what they could and should be right now.

10. Predicted to debut at #5 on the Hot 100.

GimmeWork, Rem, Leopold and 5 others like this.
  11. I seriously thought this was going to be a SMASH and debut at #1. The music video better be out in the next few weeks or else it won't have a shot at #1 at this rate. It's underperforming on Spotify which is really surprising.

12. Please Me reminds me a bit too much of other Bruno songs, Versace on the Floor maybe? (A few of them sound similar though so I’m not sure) but it’s perfectly fine, just not that exciting.

13. Not to bad and while I want Cardi to dominate for at least a long while, this song does not deserve the top spot. It is too just ok for that.

14. Not everybody has that.

15. Radio is eating this up.

- 19 on Pop
    - 17 on Rhythmic
    - 22 on Urban
    - 47 on Hot AC

Doing decently on streaming to, sits at 6 on Apple Music and 20 on Spotify. I'm assuming she's shot the video? Usually that's the one thing they're late on. Hopefully we get an album announcement within the next month.

GimmeWork likes this.
  16. I can’t at you acting like a Top 5 debut on the Hot 100 is a bad thing lol ...

Rob likes this.
  17. Yea, the radio updates are absolutely insane across the board.

18. Has grown a bit on me.

I mean
    Your pussy basura (Basura)
    My pussy horchata (Oh)

is irresistible.

19. The astronomical radio spins are falling back down to earth. It dropped on every format today.

-5 to #24 on pop
    -3 to #20 on rhythmic
    -3 to #25 on urban

It also fell to #27 on Spotify yesterday. I'm surprised they didn't have a video ready to go with this one.

20. They did, but Cardi said she didn’t want to put it out right away/that she felt the song could hold its own.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.