Cardi B - 2nd Album | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. That cast is certainly an interesting combination of names.

2. I still can't believe the shy girl I went to high school with (Lili Reinhart) is now starring in movies with the likes of Cardi B. Life is fucking wild ya'll.

neinzedd, Jacques, Island and 7 others like this.
  3. I'm ready for Julia Stiles' comeback.

[​IMG]

Mr Blonde, neinzedd, Island and 8 others like this.
  4. blissteria likes this.

5. How quickly would she have been canceled right now if she was a guy?

6. Are you claiming reverse sexism? People on Twitter will probably tear her up over this whereas male rappers who have committed crimes are rarely “cancelled” because of them.

GLC, Hyrulian, nooniebao and 5 others like this.
  7. I honestly don’t see the problem. This is being twisted to make her out to be some awful person when she was obviously out there trying to survive.

GLC, Mr Blonde, Bangers&Bops and 11 others like this.
  8. If anything that video makes me appreciate her more.

9. I mean, nothing in that video makes me dislike her. It’s nothing new. Trina was rapping about trapping and robbing dudes at gunpoint 20 years ago, so.....fuck the naysayers.

Bardi just can’t stop winning and people are big mad.

10. Also to go back to the initial question, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion if she were a man. Men in hip-hop make far worse claims than this. Only difference is that Cardi isn’t lying about how she came up.

GLC, ohnostalgia, Mr Blonde and 7 others like this.
  11. She had to do what she had to do. Many other rappers (male and female) have openly done similar things and been fine.

He likes this.
  12. All the pearl clutching likely coming from people who truly buy into the images of drugs and sex work they see on TV as this glamorous, bad ass, neon-lit lifestyle when it is really dangerous and grimy, and that doesn’t even account for the toll it takes on one’s mental health. Even watching that video you can see Cardi is torn up about what she’s had to do because nobody was supporting her – she’s not bragging about it. The way people are twisting this and shaming her is really gross.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  13. We been knew? This isn't really news...well maybe for those who just discovered her?

14. It’s mainly being spread by Nicki stans. If I see “sympathy & payola” one more time...

GLC, He, Subspace88 and 1 other person like this.
  15. Real-life Zola.

superultra likes this.
  16. Bola

R92, Leopold and superultra like this.
  17. I’m seeing a lot of ‘if this were a man talking about drugging women they would be CANCELLED!!!’ from stans on twitter and like....yes drugging people and taking their money is obviously wrong but can we not conflate that with sexual assault? That would be great.

18. RMK

RMK

I'd have to assume on top of ordering an attack on those bartenders months ago, people are just adding this situation to a list as if it's the same case or "news". While nothing has changed from my personal view, the distaste isn't exactly unjustifiable or unreasonable. Any crime will warrant a reaction.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  19. Briminal B.

RMK likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.