Cardi B - "Hot Shit" + 2nd Album | Page 96 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - "Hot Shit" + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. I'm thinking out loud, but when I realized it's been four years since Invasion of Privacy, and I don't think her profile has diminished as much as someone's could when there's a four year gap between albums, the thought occurred to me that maybe she doesn't need an album. As others have said, she's still very viral, and she's had a huge moment with WAP. I don't think the album is over - actually I think it's undergone a resurgence as an artistic form through the pandemic - and I understand as fans wanting a fuller body of work to dive into. But with streaming as a dominant format and social capital measured the way it is, I'm not sure it's the best way forward for her. There are definitely other rappers and popstars I could say the same thing about, it just occurred to me with Cardi.

DinahLee likes this.
  2. ok, still not thrilled about Kanye but this sounds like an absolute banger! Her flow, that beat, IT'S ELECTRIC... somehow this 16 sec clip has me gathered and perched.

nooniebao likes this.
  3. RMK

RMK

I enjoyed the entirety of Invasion of Privacy (outside of Best Life). I see how one could say she's about singles, but if there's a vision for an album, her track record is solid.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    GimmeWork and nooniebao like this.
  4. This isn't the song they needed to revive the album campaign again.

heavymetalGAGA, Dijah., RMK and 4 others like this.
  5. It kinda sounds like it wants to be "Up" 2.0, but it's not really doing it for me right now.

Jamie and ePoise like this.
  6. Song could've (and should've) ended after Cardi's verse and the chorus.

7. All that hype for this?

[​IMG]

4Roses, drewsky, happiestgirl and 3 others like this.
  8. It's alright - it's an album track really or at best a promo single.

I usually like Tay Keith's stuff but the beat is anaemic and Kanye has zero energy in his verse.

spaceship likes this.
  9. There’s a chorus?

MmmDani and Digital_Fossil like this.
  10. Yeah, this isn’t it.

4Roses, MmmDani, happiestgirl and 5 others like this.
  11. This should have been released while Up was smashing as an album pre-order single but we're in another case of the artist and the label losing a perfectly fine album narrative in exchange of releasing sporadic singles.

12. Kanye sounds fucking awful. What the fuck happened to his flow.

When we lost Virg
    I was on the verge

Jesus.

13. It makes sense now that she's junked the video and has already been hyping up the next single - she knows this isn't up to snuff.

Jamie likes this.
  14. I don't like it either... Welp onto the next one. See y'all in a year?

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  15. The production plodded along and every bar was trash. Listening to Kanye trying to find the beat was painful (but also ha, suffer I guess). Literal recycling bin material.

Dijah., Monkey Meat, Beginner and 4 others like this.
  16. Im okay with the Normani method but not if the one song per year is pants.

17. Meh, the beat is the best thing about it but that in itself isn't enough for me to get into this. It feels like the type of song that should have been the rough draft for an even bigger and better song.

18. Her flow is copy+pasted from Up and she rarely shines on these straight-forward rap tracks for me because it feels like she doesn't push herself in her verses. It kind of feels like the absolute bare minimum. Kanye and Durk are both boring on this, too. The whole thing is just forgettable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.