Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Debut Album) | Page 64 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - Invasion of Privacy (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LA Hallucinations, Jul 23, 2017.

1. I love when singles pick themselves.

2. Cardi B is so fucking good.

I love the Petra Colins video. Probably already posted here but Petra shot her a while back for the CR Fashion Book.

Gorgeous.

COVERS.jpg

aniraz, Wishlight, aleksssa and 17 others like this.
  3. I love that Cardi is already #1 to Beyonce and Taylor

LoveSoSoft and Blue6010 like this.
  4. I Like It is going to be absolutely massive, and it will be well deserved.

5. Do you think she will go on tour for this album at all?

6. I'd say that's highly unlikely considering the baby on the way.

7. Yeah, I'd say probably not. It seems like she makes bank from club appearances and private gigs already so she'll probably carry on doing those around the baby duties.

8. Yeah with the baby due in July, and she is opening for Bruno too... I am kind of doubting it.

At the same time this album will be huge so would be so nice!

Saycsar Fleurima likes this.
  9. The way she's absolutely relentlessly smashing is incredible.

10. I wanted to get tickets to Panorama to see her and Janet but since it’s the end of July I seeeeeriously doubt she’ll actually be there.

11. Even if this is the only album with this success or makes, that fact that she did THIS AND THAT out the gate is amazing.
    Bodak Yellow is the 2010s Baby One More Time

12. [​IMG]

13. Okay but what's your real problem with the truth

14. There ain't no truth to this, sis. Bodak is a moment / a bop / a smasha, but ...Baby? Nah. It's a bit silly to even compare them.

ANYWAY, Cardi got 8 BBMA nominations.

- Top New Artist
    - Billboard Chart Achievement Award
    - Top Female Artist
    - Top Streaming Songs Artist
    - Top Rap Female
    - Top Streaming Song (Bodak)
    - Top R&B Song (Finesse w/ Bruno Mars)
    - Top Rap Song (Bodak)

Leopold, Wishlight, Island and 2 others like this.
  15. Whether or not Cardi's popularity will fizzle out or not after this album is unknown, and Cardi has shown her intelligence by acknowledging that. However, she has not only broke but shattered a lot of barriers and records the last year. Her place is history has already been cemented.

16. For the record, I'm not debating that at all (I just think that Bodak / BOMT is an odd comparison). What she was able to turn this era into is incredible. Even when I had some doubt after she went quiet post-Bartier, she proved me wrong. I'm not a big fan of the album, but I bop to a few songs and I find her incredibly endearing. I'd love to see her stick around and keep growing as an artist.

Wishlight, An Insider, Island and 2 others like this.
  17. My post wasn't meant as a rebuttal towards you, just a general comment. But I think if Cardi has long staying power than maybe Bodak will one day be like her BOMT. It's too early for that kind of comparison though.

18. It feels so good to stan acclaimed and successful talent.

Artemisia likes this.
  19. Do we know if she will release Be Careful video?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.