Cardi B - "Up" + 2nd Album | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - "Up" + 2nd Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Honestly, WAP was a risky career move when she could've released something a bit more "pop" for that radio smash. It looks like she wants to get more respect among urban audiences, which is a smart move because pop audiences would probably drop her in 5 years or so.

Also, that's a great chart run. I don't think the song would've even charted Top 20 had it been released pre-streaming era.

Leopold, Jacques, Jamie and 2 others like this.
  2. Her stories clarify that it's just another cover variant. They're really gunning for a #1.

Jamie, Hyrulian, elektroxx and 2 others like this.
  3. I’m manifesting another solo number one for her to silence the people that claimed she got Megan for WAP because she needed the buzz.

MmmDani, tea, Jamie and 9 others like this.
  4. She's surely looking at a high debut purely based on post-WAP hype. I'm not concerned there. A number one would be cute but let's see what she's serving first.

MmmDani and Runawaywithme like this.
  5. On that note, let me pre-order both, because I'm a lil tipsy that confident queen is gonna serve up some delicious herstory and I wanna good seat at the dinner table when she does! Cheers Bardi Gangers!

6. I wouldn’t be mad if this was the album cover. What a serve.

Jamie, GimmeWork and Runawaywithme like this.
  7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

So what's "It's Stuck", then?

GimmeWork likes this.
  8. Island

Island Staff Member

I want a Bernie Sanders feature when the album arrives.

He, OspreyQueen, Lila and 6 others like this.
  9. Oh I’m perched and it ain’t even Friday yet.

GimmeWork likes this.
  10. Her visuals are the best in the game

GimmeWork and Phloo like this.
  11. I have a feeling this is going to be a huge hit especially coming off WAP. She picked the perfect time to release this too with Olivia slowing down quite significantly, leaving room for Cardi to get another #1 if she plays her cards right.

GimmeWork likes this.
  12. It’s a part of the phrase, “If it’s up there, then it’s stuck there” - meaning that we have a problem and there is no resolve in sight.

13. Liking the surrealistic vibe of this. Ok Cardi Magritte! Ok Salvador Cardi!

Leopold, Lila, Jamie and 3 others like this.
  14. I'm... not sure if that's what it refers to

Mr Blonde likes this.
  15. She's just announced an announcement (kii) for tomorrow. Probably video related but i'm hoping its an album announcement.

Island and GimmeWork like this.
  16. She announced that the video is dropping tomorrow as well, smart move. For a moment, I thought they weren't going to bother til later on.

17. You you you put it Up Up Up
    If you’re not good
    It’s gonna be stuck stuck stuck
    In my WAP WAP WAP.

18. ...okay. I guess you’ll see what it refers to when the song comes out then.

Here’s a song that references a variant of the phrase “up & it’s stuck.”

19. I'm watching the live and Cardi came in screaming at her team sdjlfskjf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.