Cardi B - (...) | Page 99 | The Popjustice Forum

Cardi B - (...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Feb 14, 2019.

1. The wardrobe is insane. The Empire State set up was kinda a missed opportunity. The No Tears Left to Cry physics felt, well, reductive.

2. A day late and a dollar short.

tea and Phloo like this.
  3. I'm so sick of CGI.

4. Objectively it’s a great visual but hardly her best. Plus the song is so shit I lost interest halfway through.

5. Her budget and visuals stay on-point, but I don't see it helping this smash. It's not going to be the moment (like WAP and Up), but honestly that bar isn't attainable/realistic every time. I have faith in Belcalis (and her insatiable drive to smash) that bigger/better things are coming. hopefully soon dddd...

spaceship likes this.
  6. I think she already mentioned having a follow-up ready? I assume the muted reaction to this will lead them to push something a little more fun next.

GimmeWork likes this.
  7. I even like her parts and all and it would be ok on an album but as a single it just doesn't hit.

And yes ban CGI for a while. Or make it really really great.

8. No good. Not the song or visual.

9. After WAP & Up, this song has really killed Cardi's momentum for me for the time being. Easily the biggest "miss" in her career so far.

What a waste of a comeback single. It's incredibly weak & lifeless and goes nowhere.

Ferk and Digital_Fossil like this.
  10. I love her parts of the visual but the song is really, really weak.

11. The animators and costume designers did a great job. The stars, pass.

12. The thing is the song would be a good Album track but that’s all it should have been and nothing more .

13. The obvious body double for Kanye not showing up pffttttttttttt

Jwentz, Runawaywithme, Blond and 5 others like this.
  14. Urban and rhythmic radio are eating this up; it'll be top 50 on overall US radio in a few days. It's falling everywhere else, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on Billboard and how far radio can push it. It's currently #41 on Apple Music and #74 on Spotify, where she normally has a chokehold on streaming. The video has only racked up 7.4M views in over a week, too.

15. Was her Wireless set not discussed? I just watched and whew. The complete command over that audience was insane. I need her to move on from Hot Shit, get that album out, and announce a tour ASAP.

16. I heard it was amazing from friends who went but wow she really did not let up! It's great to see the continued goodwill - the crowd obviously adore her. We need feeding now though.

GimmeWork and Stopremix like this.
  17. Hot shit just played on YouTube after all of Renaissance ( autoplay first played Ciara and Jessie ware so taste) and it was my first time listening and seeing the video and I can’t remember Cardi missing this bad… ever? The song is one beat with no hooks and the video is more of a cgi mess than most marvel movies. Hope she comes back with better

18. But she kept the straights happy LOL

19. Solo version:

GimmeWork and elektroxx like this.
  20. I don't understand her plan for this album at all. WAP and UP had a lot of hype, and Hot Shit just isn't it - it's not really going anywhere is it? I don't know what she's waiting for but how she could have thought that Hot Shit would reignite the campaign and maintain interest is beyond me.

GimmeWork and thequinntessential like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.