Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (4th Album) | Page 424 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Really Everything He Needs? Really?!?

It’s so the Black Heart of the record for me.

Verandi and speedyboi like this.
  2. I can't believe people are still trying to delete things from this.
    [​IMG]

3. The ludicrousness of the chorus being from Popeye and still being unimaginably good? the Tom Tom Club squiggles? The walking in the gentle warm summer rain with an umbrella beat?

You miss need your ears checked!

4. You have to delete trash like Black Heart and Feels Right.

Espeon likes this.
  5. Neither are trash, but werk.

6. The only thing worth deleting would be Now That I Found You at a stretch, but even it's a cute little retread.

7. I was randomly watching Punch-Drunk Love last night and the extended use of Shelley Duvall's He Needs Me made me shriek. It really is a lovely, inventive little interpolation.

8. I don’t get why people hate Now That I Found You it’s amazing?

9. Exactly! Black Heart is excellent, as is Everything He Needs

RUNAWAY likes this.
  10. It's not bad. It just sounds like an Emotion outtake that didn't even make the cut for side b. She has tons of songs like it that are miles better.

Sam, nikkysan, johnny_tsunami and 3 others like this.
  11. She was phenomenal live yesterday. Took First Time and Fever out of the set cause her slot was only an hour at the festival, but I still got Store so I was very happy. Great vocals, great stage presence, queen of pop, etc.

It started raining during Cut To The Feeling. It was basically a religious experience.

Mikey1701 and GimmeWork like this.
  12. She took Fever out but kept Store...

Such homophobia in our Pride month.,

13. She has such an incredible discography that most missing tracks will feel like a loss. She should just do a 90 minute medley of every song she ever released, honestly.

I may or may not have asked her at the airport whether she was performing Store at the festival, so I take full responsibility.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Music Is Life, GimmeWork and Andrew.L like this.
  14. Janet Jackson <3

15. It was obviously a nod to IKEA
    [​IMG]

16. It took a while but "Too Much" has clicked... I guess it's because it sums me up pretty accurately.

GimmeWork and Andrew.L like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Moderator

Deleting a Carly song?? Never suffered from it (except Beautiful ff)

18. I think my fave from the album is actually The Sound. Haven’t been following this thread closely so not sure if that’s popular or not but it’s really clicked with me, while some of the others have yet to.

19. nothing should be deleted from the album. it sounds like a greatest hits compilation to me (especially 3:30 or so radio duration of every track).

20. I'm currently preparing for a driving test, but also procrastinating by trying to compile 18 of Carly's best songs onto one blank CD to happycry along to on the drive home (if I pass) & guess which task is proving to be more stressful? SO. MANY. AMAZING. SONGS.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.