Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (4th Album) | Page 427 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Um no.

Timbo likes this.
  2. Not when Anthracite Heart exists, BITCH

3. I'm here to suggest that Black Heart is, indeed, good.

4. Black Heart is fine. A 7 in a sea of 10’s.

5. Black Heart is probably my 2nd favourite bonus track after Favourite Colour.

collxtion and Espeon like this.
  6. GET OUT.

In other news Everything He Needs and me had a moment today and it went off.

Also Right Words Wrong Time is growing on me.

Feels Right can choke though, mainly Electric Guest ruins it for me but the whole album is such a joy and it doesn’t reach the heights of Emotion but it’s a much more consistent listen.

mokitsu likes this.
  7. Is that really such an unpopular opinion?

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance could've been one of her best songs but the production kinda ruins it.
    Would be 1000x better if it kept the production of the introduction.
    Still bops though.

8. The Love Again erasure is homophobic

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
    Push, Ferk, GimmeWork and 12 others like this.
  9. I remember seeing her in GAY not long after I Really Like You came out and this was one of the tracks she decided to perform along with Gimmie Love, weird choice

10. The production sounds exactly every UK dance-pop track from 1990-93 (listen to the "hitman and her" compilation if you don't believe me), which is what gives it its charm.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  11. Oh I believe you, I just maybe don't have much of an affinity for that kind of music.

12. She seems to love Black Heart for some reason. I saw an interview at which she said, before Emotion was released, that, among all the songs in the album, there was this one song called Black Heart she really wanted her fans to listen to.

13. Just realized there are few short "vertical videos" for some song (just saw Want You in My Room, Automatically in Love and Real Love). These are cute, wish there were more music videos coming but we already got 3 so...

In other news I can't get over how it's a 1-2 punch with Real Love\For Sure back to back. And keep overanalyzing and reaching but I love the range of e.mo.tions she's capable with such a record. How on the begin of the record we have lines like "Want you in my room \ On the bed \ On the floor" and by the end of the record we have "All I really want is real, real love" just like how we crave someone sexually sometimes and then realize how life goes beyond that.

I'm not drunk yet.

14. I think Dedicated will be on repeat next week!

sonia likes this.
  15. I'm so ready for a Carly rate. I'm still willing to be the one to run it though if no one else is.

GimmeWork and WarmBlood11 like this.
  16. It's very "Jewels & Stone remixes S Club 7 third single from album campaign in 2001", and I live for it.

AlmostFamous, Mr Blonde and Vasilios like this.
  17. Okay, 'I Didn't Just Come Here to Dance' is amazing and pops AWFF live.

'Black Heart' was one of the first songs from Emotion she performed live in Japan, along with (I think) 'Making The Most Of The Night' and 'I Really Like You.' She sang it a cappella at my Gimmie Love Tour Q&A. It was cute, but it didn't need to be on the main stage, or waste any further precious Q&A time.

Lander, Ferk, Espeon and 6 others like this.
  18. Whew! The trickling/rolling production on Right Words Wrong Time is sublime. By the time it gets to the "For mee eeee" section my body doesn't know whether to bop or cry, so it just does both.

19. She's off the Billboard 200.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was good while it lasted ladies.

20. Meanwhile, she's still at the top of my personal charts.

Lander, slaybellz, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.