Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated + Dedicated Side B | Page 350 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated + Dedicated Side B

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying she's bad or anything, just overrated here. not everything she touches turns to gold, you know. she has some dud tracks too

2. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Carly Rae Jepsen sampling a song from the Popeye movie is...so bizarre and somehow still on brand.

3. Getting clearance from Disney was a bit of a mission, and she went to extremely goofy lengths to persuade them: “I went to Disneyland and I made a fake contract that says ‘He Needs Me’ on it, and I got Mickey Mouse to sign it... The big boss says it’s okay, guys, come on!”

She's adorable.

4. RJF

RJF

I mean things not getting released is fairly on brand for both of these people.

5. After taking about a week away from the 90 sec snippets I've just re-listened and they sound better than before. I'm really excited for this.

Timbo, Ferk, GimmeWork and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sis, we know. We've all heard "After the Afterparty," and a large chunk of incorrect people here loathe "Sucker."

Dreampopboy and slaybellz like this.
  7. I haven’t listened to the snippets but hearing that the album is gonna be more of a mid tempo affair has me excited.

That and Julien being one of her very best.

8. Aag

Aag

I'm sad Dev Hynes doesn't have song writing credits for Dedication.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  9. I've not been able to stop listening to the snippets. Honestly so excited for this album.

Lander, jordxn, Ferk and 3 others like this.
  10. I relistened to the snippets after not being entirely overwhelmed the first time around, and I am absolutely enthralled with them now and can’t wait for this album.

11. After the Afterparty is great, you heathen

RUNAWAY, Ferk, Runawaywithme and 2 others like this.
  12. Stuff like this sort of irritates me because it seems so purposefully misleading. Yes, she did work with those people, and yes a few songs on Emotion have an alternative pop angle, but for the most part Emotion is the most sugary sweet of pop albums and she worked on it with Mattman and Robin and Rami Yocoub and Greg Kurstin and Stargate and Sia (who has no cool factor anymore at all). It's like an attempt to be like "see this is why the cool kids like it and why this isn't like other pop albums" and its so... transparent and not reflective of 90% of the album.

13. ohaimanabu and Aidan like this.
  14. Can you touch your caps button tho.

RUNAWAY, papatrick, Ferk and 5 others like this.
  15. Nn maybe you should correct the spelling slightly tho.

16. Run Away With Me really is a song isn’t it.
    [​IMG]

17. Definitely! Funny you should mention it, but I'm currently obsessed with it all over again.

18. pdf

pdf

Her Julien made me think of this Julian.

19. Sorry?

20. Sam

Sam

drag me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.