Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B | Page 386 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Whew that It Takes Two (feat. Lil Yachty) (Prod. Mike WiLL Made It) promo!

sonia, OspreyQueen, myblood and 10 others like this.
  2. What an absolute triumph.

3. [​IMG]
    I'm the voyeur searching through my laptop...

neonpanda and Music Is Life like this.
  4. Dddd you are insane if you think this is better than Emotion. Cute album though and Real Love is one of her best.

myblood, Mr.Arroz, 2014 and 8 others like this.
  5. See, here's the thing about EMOTION vs. Dedicated. EMOTION is great because it smacks you over the head with pop brilliance at first listen. It's her big I'M FUCKING HERE moment, and it's a 10/10 for that reason. Dedicated is much subtler, but it's still cut from the same pop cloth as its predecessor. These subtler albums always end up being my favorites because they have time to grow, time to breathe, time to come into their own. It's not really a matter of either being objectively better. They're just... both so Carly, it's wonderful. We are lucky to have her.

There's not a track here I'd cut.

6. It’s been out less than 24 hours.

Mr.Arroz, bakerboy92, Espeon and 2 others like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Which makes this their opinion on it for now taking that into consideration?

8. RJF

RJF

9. I can usually tell when songs have the potential to grow for me. Nothing on the album is less than "good," so we can only get better from here. If you're able to definitively state it's not as good as EMOTION within the same timeframe...

By all means dictate my feelings, though!

Txetxu, GimmeWork, myblood and 5 others like this.
  10. I’d have to describe this album as underwhelming... there is so much other good music out right now that I can’t see myself returning to this.

Fanatical likes this.
  11. there’s a rumor everything he needs is SOTY

GimmeWork, sonia, Mikal and 9 others like this.
  12. On the bed,
    On the floor,
    I don’t care anymore,
    I wanna do bad things to you,
    Slide on through my window...
    [​IMG]

GimmeWork, sonia, myblood and 8 others like this.
  13. For me, there's a maturity and depth that Dedicated has spread throughout. Nothing sounds as cutesy as Favourite Colour or Gimmie Love, or juvenile as Boy Problems or LA Hallucinations (disclaimer: I love all of these songs, just using examples!). In comparison, songs like Now That I Found You and Party for One come off as more jubilant rather than inexperienced. Automatically in Love plays up romanticism in a feverish way, Want You in My Room is forward yet assured and Happy Not Knowing is content in loneliness without risking heartache. All in all, each song from Dedicated may offer some familiar subjects that she may have touched on with EMOTION, but with more clarity and less rose colored glasses.

Total side-note but All That is definitely the crown jewel from EMOTION, alongside Warm Blood so I'm glad that she incorporated the mood pieces of those songs on this album.

14. Kind of random but I love the way she pronounces/drags out the word "complicated" in "Feels Right." I'm so happy to have this album. I hope she keeps making albums for a very long time.

15. I really think you've hit the nail on the head with this. The maturity is evident here that just isn't present on most of the stuff on EMOTION. And that's not shade at all! They just have different vibes.

16. What an album. Not that I didn't have faith in her, but I wasn't expecting this album to reach the same highs as "Emotion" but it definitely does. Bops galore, but I am loving some of the more obtuse moments most, especially "Want You In My Room" "I'll Be Your Girl" and "Automatically In love."

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    GimmeWork, myblood, RUNAWAY and 6 others like this.
  17. Highest high: Right Words Wrong Time bridge and last chorus

kmn04 likes this.
  18. Want You In My Room is tainted for me. There's a lot of Jack Antonoff in there

ohaimanabu and Stopremix like this.
  19. Everything kinda blurred into one (lovely) experience for me during the first proper listen, but standouts were the buildup of Right Words and the production on For Sure was especially amazing. Was a fool to ever worry that Ms Jepsen wouldn't deliver another excellent album for us.

Sean_ius likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.