Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B | Page 495 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated Side B

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by pop3blow2, Jun 3, 2016.

1. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

God I love Everything He Needs *so* much. That late 80s vibe pop R&B mid-tempo bawp. Tom Tom Club been left shaking.

LP, Lander, Mr Blonde and 12 others like this.
  2. First time I played the album I heard it and thought it was dreadful. But now, it's my absolute favourite. A bop and a half.

Lapras and GimmeWork like this.
  3. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

I love the side of the album that moves her sound on from bubblegum synths of Side B and more...I wanna say “80s R&B” but it’s not quite that. It’s more akin to the sound of Let’s Get Lost.

Everything He Needs, Want You In My Room, Automatically In Love, Right Place Wrong Time and Feels Right definitely feel like they belong on a slightly different album to Party For One, Now That I Found You etc which feel more faithful to the Emotion sound.

4. This is....so awkward dd.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    slaybellz and GimmeWork like this.
  5. "Automatically in Love" is particularly noteworthy. That Carly-fied Mariah bop.

Lander, Mr Blonde, 4Roses and 9 others like this.
  6. Listening to Carly geek out over a record I enjoyed so much in my early 20s made me happy. I love listening to her talk about music. She is so genuinely excited about it.

7. Everything He Needs was my favourite from the second I heard that intro. Goosebumps. The "burned out streetlight" part is one of my favourite things she's ever done.

8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

...........................David Gray

Rob, Rogue, JMRGBY and 8 others like this.
  9. White ladder is a classic and you will all deal!

Leader Beans likes this.
  10. Wow, Let's Be Friends is actually way better than I was expecting. It would definitely be top 3 on Dedicated.

11. The mastering is a mess but I’m not understanding the disdain for Let’s Be Friends. I would rank it higher than most of what’s on Dedicated.

12. Automatically in Love rivals just about anything from EMOTION for me. The romanticism of it all.

GimmeWork, Mr Blonde, 4Roses and 3 others like this.
  13. Just bought a ticket for her Berlin gig. Yay. Anyone else from here who will be there?

14. What time is she normally due on stage for the European tour? Going tonight in Cologne

jkennedy737 and Andrew.L like this.
  15. Was the LQ mastering of Let’s Be Friend intended to make it sound like a 2007 96kbps leak?

poshbabyyy and Nephilim like this.
  16. She was bang on 9 in the London last Saturday.

17. [​IMG]

GimmeWork, Lander, slaybellz and 9 others like this.
  18. I forgot to say the song slaps live.

GimmeWork likes this.
  19. Okay, no. It's great and some people have done too much here, but this is also doing too much because every song on Dedicated is either equal to or better then this.

20. She was an absolute joy in Cologne tonight. Disappointed by the set being cut down though. I imagine it was due to her voice, or maybe due to the audience who mostly seemed incredibly disinterested. I don't know how tbh.

GimmeWork, Stopremix and ohaimanabu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.