Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION + E•MO•TION: Side B | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - E•MO•TION + E•MO•TION: Side B

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Alchemy Jones, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but Jeppo is officially off Broadway and back in studio recording her third album, and if it's even half as good as Kiss, let's be real, it'll be a front-runner for album of the year.

http://instagram.com/p/pZzSJZqVv5/

Last I read, she cited Robyn, La Roux, and Dragonette as her biggest inspirations on this album, which really seem like the best influences to ever have, but that was before Cinderella. I hope the album direction hasn't changed too much since this:

http://www.idolator.com/7465495/carly-rae-jepsen-next-album

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Music Is Death likes this.
  2. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Bubblegum, electronic Robyn please. Kiss is an absolutely fucking brilliant album.

3. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

I know a lot of people panned the run of More Than A Memory/Turn Me Up/Hurt So Good for getting too samey, but that's honestly one of the most satisfying run of album tracks I've ever heard, especially following after This Kiss/Call Me Maybe/Curiosity.

Kiss really is a flawless album once you scrap Beautiful.

4. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Kiss was an absolutely fantastic gem of an album so I'm ready for this!

5. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

I know her budget will probably get cut in half, but really, with her on the songwriting helm, all she needs is a decent producer and she can pretty much craft a masterpiece.

6. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Turn Me Up is a 1000/10, such an effortlessly fun song. I've listened to it very regularly since I heard it and it's not got old at all.

Hopefully she can get Matthew Koma and RedFoo producing again, they were surprisingly good.

7. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

I want her to work with Blood Orange.

Music Is Death and TRAVVV like this.
  8. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

If she's citing Dragonette as a point of reference, I hope she can get in contact with them for this album. Maybe they've got another Lucky Day laying around. (And they're playing a gig together for World Pride, so here's hoping they stay in touch.)

9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

More Than A Memory is lame.

But Turn Me Up and Hurt So Good are amazing.

I can't WAIT for this album. I'd die i she got something half as huge as Call Me Maybe.

10. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

*shriek*

She has it in her to do something big again. I know it, I just know it. Terrific songwriter.

11. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Best album of whatever year it was released. More Than a Memory is divine.

I actually lose 'Beautiful', 'Guitar String' and Y'our Heart Is A Muscle' and add 'Wrong Feels So Right', 'Drive' and 'Picture' on my playlist version. Much better.

12. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

If the album is half as good as Kiss I will enjoy it a lot.

13. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

It's such a shame that most of the album sounded 100x better in a live setting. Especially 'Your Heart Is A Muscle' and "Guitar String'. The next album really needs a fuller and livelier production.

14. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

But that's the best song on the album?

15. Music Is Death likes this.
  16. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

That emotopop though.

Honestly, for as bubblegum as that song is, its lyrics are really showcase her as a terrific writer.

And the brilliance of Sweetie. A Carly/Tegan and Sara collab album just needs to happen.

17. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Between the album deluxe, the Curiosity EP and Take A Picture, the only bad song is Beautiful. A third album should be awesome, but I'm expecting a lot of label trouble unless she scores a big hit again.

18. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

I love Carly and her cutesy-ness.

19. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

It's just a bit too dull, not bad, but nothing special.

I agree with Pinkie, though Melt With You and Almost Said It aren't very special either.

Take A Picture was GREAT.

20. Re: Carly Rae Jepsen - Third Studio Album

Carly cited the exact same list of artists as influences before Kiss came out. It seems like she's very much into current-but-not-so-current electropop. I love it. There's always an air of uncoolness to everything Carly does that is so refreshing.

I want her to work with Patrik Berger, Klas Åhlund, Dimitri Tikovoi or Fraser T. Smith. 2010 realness. Bloodshy, Xenomania or Richard X would be too much to ask, I reckon.

And I want a co-write and duet with Bonnie McKee, obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.