Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Passes the headphones test. Sounds so full and beautiful.

lushLuck and GimmeWork like this.
  2. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

It’s great, but her vocals sound really buried in the mix until the final chorus?

ankh likes this.
  3. ...this has not a single memorable hook or even like...defining feature to me? I hesitate calling it particularly chill or moody either as a trait. It's just a bit...noodly and unsure of itself? Or seems that way to me. I'm unconvinced!

Then Spotify played Drive immediately after.
    [​IMG]

Rob, Modeblock, lucasdc and 12 others like this.
  4. This is lovely! Finally she served something different. Also nice gowns/locations, beautiful gowns/locations.

5. Wow... I love this. Every sentence twirls and twists in a carefree way. *throws hands in air*

LPT, lushLuck, Mvnl and 1 other person like this.
  6. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

But could you give me peace of mind
    If I return to you in time, my golden arrow?
    Mmm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Her music’s ability to evoke emotions is…unmatched? Usually it’s euphoria or happiness. Here, serenity. So grateful she exists!

8. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous. Absolutely worth the wait.

9. This is very refreshing. Regardless of tempo and genre, Carly knows how to write and define emotions so beautifully. Beautiful video as well.

10. I'm glad she released a snippet beforehand so people could adjust their hype or expectations accordingly. I like it, but am fully aware a lot of the BPM gays won't.

xOJakeXo, lushLuck and lilylu like this.
  11. I really like it. It's very much 'just vibes' but that works for me, her voice sounds lush and it feels like the 'air' to Now I Don't Hate California After All's 'water' is that makes sense? I think it's going to sound even better this summer.

I'm back to streaming Dedicated so her witchery worked!

12. I feel an urge to play Shura all of a sudden, I don't know.

alejandrusco likes this.
  13. Right? I feel like very few songs really achieve this and I love it, it's the same feeling when I listen to 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac

GimmeWork likes this.
  14. I'm not really a Carly fan at all, but this is very good and unlike Party Of One, it doesn't sound like a retread of what she's already done. This sounds different.

Mikal, BG_Comedian and lushLuck like this.
  15. Yeah, that's the one area for improvement. The vocals do need to be more in the forefront.

Inland Empire and bakerboy92 like this.
  16. This is gorgeous, girls.

[​IMG]

17. This is really good! giving me 'warm blood' teas, aka the best song on emotion.

18. I'm not getting Warm Blood teas at all. This goes down really smooth while Warm Blood is jagged.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  19. This is so good. Rostam is such a masterful producer. I hope he did a lot of songs on the new album. Finally some good food!

ItBeats, Sean_ius, xOJakeXo and 2 others like this.
  20. And it's not as catchy as a lot of her songs, but that's part of why I like it. It has atmosphere, the production has ambience and depth, and it's catchy enough. I really enjoy atmospheric music the most, so it does a lot for me.

BG_Comedian likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.