Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time | Page 47 | The Popjustice Forum

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 26, 2022.

1. The two single covers back to back is kind of a scream
    carly_rae_jepsen_western_wind_single_art.jpg
    1e343c5a7175c327c35afc88ac2320bb.1000x1000x1.png

2. Honestly, Store is still hilarious and a bop.

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

It's weird and kooky but not terrible. Her vocals could be better in the chorus but it doesn't deserve the vitriol.

4. It's better than I expected (going by the reactions) but it's also not very good. Whoever said "Do better, Carly" a few pages ago said it best.

Euphoria likes this.
  5. This is something fun, something for the summertime, something for the girls to make TikToks to. I doubt it's particularly representative of the album, but it's an infectious little bop with very funny lyrics to boot, I'm very much here for it.

6. Store is top 5 Carly.

daninternational, ePoise and Verandi like this.
  7. It's not even Top 5 of Emotion Side B but it's great!

8. She just loves to serve "I'm poopin'!" in a photoshoot at least once per era. Consistent queen.

9. From the artwork, I wasn’t really expecting this kind of vibe, but I don’t mind it, Western Wind is much better. Would it be wrong to say the album cover reminds me of Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Wanderlust?

10. Confirms that this album will be wide-reaching and less genre inspired like Emotion and Dedicated. I'm excited!

11. This genuinely makes me want to make a Tik Tok of the bridge with my friends and I've never really wanted to make a Tik Tok before. Her power!

12. It’s giving…it’s giving Lonely Island nn.

13. She has to stay squatted because she can’t stop shitting on the other girls.

GimmeWork, rufus, Laurence and 28 others like this.
  14. Beach House artwork looks like one of those random compilations labels put together for streaming only with names like "Coastal Grandma Vibes."

15. The topline is actually very strong, the rest though…

16. Permanent posture damage from years of carrying gay people on her back.

17. Crack usually has in-depth, amazing pieces... why is this so vacuous?

neinzedd likes this.
  18. RMK

RMK

She's 0/2 for me, and that's unfortunate.

johnny_tsunami and neinzedd like this.
  19. I've kinda changed my mind and I don't like it all. I think I'm having some patience and taking it in stride because I loved 'Western Wind' so much. But if this was the first song released I'd be upset. Feels more like a meme than an actual song

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.