Caroline Polachek - "Bunny Is A Rider" | Page 58 | The Popjustice Forum

Caroline Polachek - "Bunny Is A Rider"

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by A&E, Feb 19, 2014.

1. A dream... literally a dream. Huge day for annoying people (me)!

Verandi and slaybellz like this.
  2. me: I have a ticket for her tonight, but I don't really want to go out... Maybe I'll check the thread and see what people are saying.

@beyoncésweave:
    me: Okay I'm going.

3. Random question (sorry if it's been answered recently) but do we have any idea when we will be getting another track from her?

4. I don't think she's said anything about new music but I saw someone posted her setlist on twitter and apparently she's been performing a bunch of new tracks so there's that.

I would love a PANG follow up in 2022.

5. Miss Caroline came to serve body-ody-ody and whistle-istle-istle register.
    She did three new songs tonight (not counting Bunny): one called Sunset with a bit of a South American flavor; one called Smoke that’s more of a mainstream dance song; and one that I think was called Flower that she described as “long and horny.”

6. I already stan.

7. Sample this classic, Polachek!

8. Expounding on my previous post: all three new songs still sound like Caroline and could fit in on Pang, but Flower is the most Pang-like. Sunset and especially Smoke are more on the commercial So Hot/Bunny end of things than the esoteric The Gate/Door end.

She brought Oklou out for a duet as part of the finale (I hate calling them encores). She did a completely different version of New Normal that I didn't like. She described Go as a Dream as a song about loss, and explained that Parachute was inspired by a dream she had where she jumped from a plane and was carried along the California coast by her parachute.

EDIT: I previously said the duet was Insomnia, but actually I don't know what it was. I was assuming it was Insomnia because that was the only album track Caroline didn't do, but it could have been Teardrop or something else completely. I didn't recognize it, and I wouldn't have recognized Insomnia nor Teardrop.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  9. Speaking of Oklou, I feel like they have something up their sleeves cause why are they in front of a green screen? Whatever it is, I need it.

10. Bunny is a Rider and also the best song of the year according to Pitchfork!!

Orange, tea, montyburns56 and 35 others like this.
  11. This lil review is actually spot on in many ways, the song feels like it has a life of its own now!
    According my my wrapped, It's my number two most played song of the year which is no surprise.

12. This song is constantly stuck in my head. Just going "bunny is a riddurrr" at random parts of the day or doing the little whistle part.

13. The whole Pitchfork list is utterly bizarre and they’ve never been in such a weird identity crisis like this before, but work!

14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

The slow takeover of Pitchfork by homosexuals is simultaneously the greatest and worst thing for the brand.

Orange, tea, superultra and 21 others like this.
  15. Pop justice.

(This is also my personal pick for Song of the Year. Can't get enough of it from the very first play.)

16. RIP that abysmal Madame X review.

matthew. and Andy French like this.
  17. We do not claim Juzwiak.

djmakemewet and matthew. like this.
  18. No lies!

19. Bizarre? The list is great.

20. Wait this is iconic. Good for Bunny.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.