Carrie Underwood - Denim & Rhinestones

Yeah I like this a lot on first listen although I enjoyed Denim & Rhinestones overall.

I can’t help but wonder if they’re taking a more reserved approach after the last album must have been seen as an underperformance, it could be a deluxe but doesn’t have to be…

I like the new single and I also did enjoy the Denim & Rhinestones album. So will be happy with a deluxe or new album even better.

I woke up with the melody in my head. Carrie really put her foot in this one. It retains the D&R sound but it also feels like something that would slot perfectly in on Carnival Ride.

He/Him
This is nice. It’s just a shame she’s a shit person….

Surely it’s not for a Deluxe? She’s never done that before but maybe she and the label want to try and shift a few more unit of the album seeing as it bombed so hard.

This is a subjectively good song, but her being a horrible person just makes me hate it. I can't really enjoy her music anymore knowing what she is like.

RainOnFire

Staff member
I'm sorry but I can't get over the artwork. The complete, utter lack of effort. The cheapness. Like she's an indie artist forced to make her own single cover for her first single. The washed out, blinding whiteness (take that however you will). The facial expression. She couldn't look more bored if she tried. I'm sent.

ezgif-2-46c548f79e.png

I know you aren't who you marry, but her husband is a piece of trash too. The song's great though, but will not revive this tragic era.

She dropped Hate My Heart as a single, sent Out of That Truck to radio and it got the most adds for a Carrie single since Ghost Story.

We are also getting a Deluxe Edition Re-Release of Denim & Rhinestones with 6 new songs including OOTT. It’ll be released 9/22. We are getting a new song this Friday called “Take Me Out”. She announced all this at a Fan Club Event today and hinted at a Vegas Residency too.

She dropped Hate My Heart as a single, sent Out of That Truck to radio and it got the most adds for a Carrie single since Ghost Story.

We are also getting a Deluxe Edition Re-Release of Denim & Rhinestones with 6 new songs including OOTT. It’ll be released 9/22. We are getting a new song this Friday called “Take Me Out”. She announced all this at a Fan Club Event today and hinted at a Vegas Residency too.

Carrie has had a Vegas residency called ‘Reflection’ for a couple of years now. Shows currently announced and on sale up to December 2023.

The deluxe is a good sign! Hopefully an improvement on the original album.

Last edited: