Carrie Underwood - Greatest Hits: Decade #1 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Carrie Underwood - Greatest Hits: Decade #1

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RainOnFire, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Interesting that she's doing a Greatest Hits; I think the only reason they shelved an actual album is because she won't be able to tour. She could definitely do the normal album promo rounds while pregnant.

2. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The era would be cut short though, wouldn't it? I can't imagine the label would want to invest in an album campaign that'd be over in half a year. Looking at her previous releases, there's always a five/six month gap between singles which is insane, so they wouldn't even get to a third single if this was a full album, because I can't imagine she'd be up for filming videos and doing promo after just having her baby.

I'm actually kinda doubtful about a second single from this Greatest Hits, unless it's a 'Someday (I Will Understand)' affair where she can film a video while pregnant. The late release (December 9) makes me question it, because I'm not sure they'll care to push it after Christmas.

3. I bet we'll get two new songs on the Greatest Hits, for sure. Actually...tracklist predictions/hopes, anybody?

Chronological order:

Inside Your Heaven
    Jesus Take The Wheel
    Some Hearts
    Before He Cheats
    Wasted
    So Small
    American Girl
    Last Name
    Just a Dream
    Cowboy Casanova
    Temporary Home
    Undo It
    Mama's Song
    Good Girl
    Blown Away
    Two Black Cadillacs
    See You Again
    Something Bad (Ft. Miranda Lambert)
    Something In The Water
    New Song #2

So, I cut "Don't Forget to Remember Me" and "I Told You So." Obviously, I'd love for her to include "I Know You Won't," her best song ever, but I have a feeling she'll want singles.

4. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I think she would be fine with the music videos. It will probably be something sweet like Mama's Song or See You Again video where she isn't doing much movement. She doesn't do large amounts of promo after the start of the campaign besides award shows and with her voice she could just be sitting/standing during the performance and still make it great like How Great thou Art. Like Someboy said touring is the only real problem.

I don't think Some Hearts will be on the greatest hits. Not sure if Inside Your Heaven will either. I don't think she likes it much and she has never sang it on tour.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  5. KAG

KAG

I'm surprised Carrie never 'happened' over here. I know country music isn't popular in the UK but I think quite a lot of Carrie's singles have that pop edge. I genuinely believe that 'Before He Cheats', 'So Small' and 'Last Name' would have gone down a storm with the British public had they been released and properly promoted. Oh well.

6. I hope 'Some Hearts' and 'Don't Forget to Remember Me' will be on the album, as I love them both after having spent half my day watching her music videos. I also love 'Somethin' Bad' and hope that's included too! (It's also introduced me to Miranda Lambert - SHE IS AMAZING)

RainOnFire and MollieSwift21, I will make sure to get her albums now I've checked out her singles!

7. Play On is still my favorite album of hers and one of my all time favorites, I'm excited!

8. Fair point, and seeing how she's promoted all her other albums, she probably doesn't want to cut a campaign short either.

9. I'm surprised that 'Something In The Water' hasn't been heard yet...

10. The song is out there and it's absolutely fantastic. The final chorus has a choir singing Amazing Grace layered underneath it and then she closes the song with Amazing Grace by herself. Really builds aswell, quite an epic song. Really juicy bridge aswell.

In other news here is her Global Citizen Concert set. Fantastic as expected!

[video=youtube;BJ8a2NeNPu4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8a2NeNPu4[/video]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  11. [video=youtube;UC52S7asOs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC52S7asOs0[/video]

12. It's good, but there's no real chorus.

13. I don't know why, but at the very end after she sings "but now I see" I was really hoping she'd sing "there's something in the water" to finish the song... Still, what a great song!

14. It took a couple listens, but this is an incredible song. She sounds amazing on it, no surprise, and I *love* the Amazing Grace outro.

15. The song is very good, I love when she belts.

16. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It suffers from Dark Horse syndrome, but I love it.

17. Wow, the song is already available on UK iTunes! I'm impressed! What a corker! It only gets better with repeated listens!

18. She's taking us to church on this one. It's spellbinding.

19. Don't care for the song as much, but her VOICE. Absolute perfection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.