Carrie Underwood - My Gift (September 25th) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Carrie Underwood - My Gift (September 25th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Disco Tears, Jul 20, 2020.

irishlamb likes this.
  2. A Carrie Christmas moment could have been a treat, but it's literally just an album full of pew-fillers with tackier art direction than the new Dolly Parton Christmas album (which you'd expect to be tacky)? Disgusting.

RainOnFire, Espeon and POPGASM like this.
  3. I'm sure it's an adorable and proud moment for her, but whoever allowed the duet with her son to ever see the light of day should honestly be arrested.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's one of the mostly ghastly things I've ever heard.

[​IMG]

4. I'm absolutely not listening to this. Ever.

4Roses, bakerboy92, Zinone and 6 others like this.
  5. She should have taken more cues from Kacey and done more originals and just.... made this better and not so...... $1.99 and Oddjob?

6. There's too much Christian energy here, like so much so that I was turned off. Where are the secular bops?

RainOnFire and Espeon like this.
  7. This is so... joyless.... dddd

I don’t even mind a Christian Christmas moment of whatever, but this really feels phoned in.

Robsolete and RainOnFire like this.
  8. Little Drummer Boy with her son is laughable. Followed by Sweet Baby Jesus, it's too much.
    It's a shame because I loved her rendition O Come All Ye Faithful. Yes this one won't be a staple. Let's see if I make it to the end.

9. Yeah I’m gonna wait another few weeks to bother playing this....

10. This album is like something I'd find in the retail corner of a Cracker Barrel.

11. I thought you were exaggerating.

I just listened to it.

What did I just listen to? Was that a parody?

RainOnFire, Robsolete and bakerboy92 like this.
  12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This is such a miserable, joyless Christmas album.

I'm aware that this is the same woman whose debut single was "Jesus, Take the Wheel", but this whole album feels borderline insidious with how deeply and explicitly religious it is. It's not like anyone who has spent the past 15 years listening to her music (as I have) would know how overly Jesus-heavy this was going to be, so I honestly feel deceived.

Even if we take out the lyrics for a second, the tempo doesn't pick up once across the entire album. It's literally just 41 minutes of overwrought, unseasoned balladry.

What a colossal disappointment.

13. Thank you...
    As a fan since Idol, I knew where she stood, but she balanced it very well imo previously, but I feel like as albums come out from here they will pretty much sold from a christian book store soon...

14. Jesus, Tale the Wheel is an anthem and it’s more metaphorical of looking for a higher power etc but this album is not festive at all.

Stream Merry Christmas instead. Christian yet make it festive.

Music Is Death and An Insider like this.
  15. This album proves that religion was a mistake.

16. Have yourself a merry little Christmas is one of my favorite holiday songs. I think only about two modern singers have actually sung it well sorry Carrie you didn't make the cut. Why do people have to over sing it so much.

Espeon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.