Carrie Underwood: The Official Discography Rate (Results: WINNER!)

RainOnFire

Staff member
rOU9rPT.png

Gather ‘round, my fellow Cowboy Casanovas (do we even have a stanbase name? Good Girls? Unapologizers? Little Black Cadillacs?), for the rate that will obviously overtake RJF’s rate as The Biggest PopJustice Rate Ever.

AHEM.

On May 25, 2005, our lives were Forever Changed.

That was the day Carrie Underwood won American Idol. And at first, people asked – Who Are You? Carrie was no Quitter though, and her Crazy Dreams led her to become one of the biggest country stars in history.

What Can I Say? Carrie’s story is a good one. Her debut album Some Hearts gave her a One Way Ticket to superstardom, selling over seven million copies and becoming the biggest selling country album of the decade. The Wheel of the World kept spinning as she released her second album Carnival Ride, which solidified her as the nation’s All-American Girl. #1 became far from her Temporary Home as she managed to hit the spot with her follow-up albums Play On and Blown Away.

People expect Idols to fade, but with Carrie’s beauty, talent, and all-around star power, all I can say is I Told You So!

(I’m here all week folks)

And now a breakdown of each album:

BfCe9op.jpg

Some Hearts was released on November 15, 2005. It debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 behind Madonna’s Confessions on a Dance Floor with sales of 315,000. It ended up selling more than 7 million copies, and finished its run as the biggest selling country album of the decade. It spawned five singles, including Before He Cheats which to date remains her biggest single to date in the US with approximately 4 million copies sold.

Wasted
Don’t Forget to Remember Me
Some Hearts
Jesus Take the Wheel
The Night Before (Life Goes On)
Lessons Learned
Before He Cheats
Starts With Goodbye
I Just Can’t Live a Lie
We’re Young & Beautiful
That’s Where It Is
Whenever You Remember
I Ain’t In Checotah Anymore
Inside Your Heaven

LXeGIc6.jpg

Carnival Ride was released on October 23, 2007. It hit the #1 spot selling 527,000 copies, and finished its run with over 3 million copies. It spawned the hit singles So Small, All-American Girl, Last Name, Just a Dream, and I Told You So, all of which hit the Top 40 on the Hot 100 with two of them (Last Name and I Told You So) hitting the Top 10.

Flat On the Floor
All-American Girl
So Small
Just a Dream
Get Out of This Town
Crazy Dreams
I Know You Won’t
Last Name
You Won’t Find This
I Told You So
The More Boys I Meet
Twisted
Wheel of the World

S5Q0pgS.jpg

Play On was released on November 3, 2009. It became her second #1 album with sales of 318,000, becoming the second highest first week sales for a female in 2009, and sold over two million copies. It spawned four singles, including the lead single Cowboy Casanova which is the fastest rising single of Carrie’s career thus far, jumping from #96 to #11 in a week, and was later certified 2x Platinum.

Cowboy Casanova
Quitter
Mama’s Song
Change
Undo It
Someday When I Stop Loving You
Songs Like This
Temporary Home
This Time
Look at Me
Unapologize
What Can I Say
Play On

SLiUPXZ.jpg

Blown Away was released on May 1, 2012. Like her last two albums, it hit the #1 position with sales of 267,000. It sold more than a million copies and became the seventh bestselling album of 2012, her first time in the Year-End Top 10 since Some Hearts six years prior. Four singles were released from the album, Good Girl, Blown Away, Two Black Cadillacs, and See You Again, with Blown Away performing the best out of the bunch and winning Carrie two Grammy Awards.

Good Girl
Blown Away
Two Black Cadillacs
See You Again
Do You Think About Me
Forever Changed
Nobody Ever Told You
One Way Ticket
Thank God for Hometowns
Good In Goodbye
Leave Love Alone
Cupid’s Got a Shotgun
Wine After Whiskey
Who Are You

Extras
Independence Day
Sometimes You Leave
Ever Ever After
Remind Me (with Brad Paisley)
Home Sweet Home
There’s a Place for Us
I'll Stand By You
Praying for Time

Please rate each song from 0 to 10 and send your scores, as well as additional comments on the songs (if you prefer), to me by Friday, May 9. Relax, have some Wine (After Whiskey of course), and get to voting!

Thanks. Now let’s Play On!

*ba dum tss*

Last edited:

MollieSwift21

Staff member
Re: Carrie Underwood: The Official Discography Rate

So beyond excited! I am going to have just high averages for all four albums. Going to be hard to determine which few get the 10's from me.

I laughed at all song references too RainonFire. Also if Remind Me goes first I'm going to sideye all of you.

Also random but Carrie is the 10th biggest digital singles artists in US ahead of the Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, and Beyonce to name a few.

Last edited:
M

Menboong

This is going to be amazing! Carrie has some of the consistently best albums out there right now!

I don't know if it was intentional, but you also left out her two Idol Gives Back charity singles I'll Stand By You and Praying For Time.

Unapologizers sounds like a Rihanna stan base name, if you add a hashtag.

So up for this, I had a phase about a year or two ago where I listened to her albums in full all the time. It's been a while since I've sat down with them all so this will be a nice refresher.

D

Deleted member 11565

This seems like the perfect opportunity to properly get into her music, I like some of the bits and bobs I've heard.

RainOnFire

Staff member

I'll Stand By You and Praying for Time have been added!

Y'all better not do Praying for Time wrong, the performance is one of my all-time favourites.

Last edited:

Unlikely as it sounds, I have no idea what her music is like. This could be interesting and informative!

MollieSwift21

Staff member

Presents stan card with album averages:

Some Hearts 8.64
Carnival Ride 7.96
Play On 8.42
Blown Away 8.71
Others 7.81

The lowest score I gave was a 4. All 4 albums were in my top 3 of the their release year.

I'm so, so here for this. It's going to be tough to give below a 7, really.

I wanna get to know her stuff, but probably won't have the time to do the rate. Oh well, here's for Blown Away winning with a perfect 10/10 average.

Someday When I Stop Loving You remains her underrated crown jewel. It reduces me to tears every single time.

RainOnFire

Staff member

A week is not a long time to get this done

I was just assuming that most people participating would already be well-versed with her discography. I don't mind pushing the deadline back a few days though if you (and others) need more time.

Yaas, so here for this! I love all 4 of her albums so I'm going to have to try and be selective as I could hand out 10's like she does #1's on the country chart (aka basically every song.)

A little backstory to my Carrie stanning: Me and my Mum would always watch American Idol together, and we always used to try and predict the winner during the first auditions, and see who could get the closest. As soon as Carrie finished, I told my Mum she was the one I was picking. Then just as the Hollywood rounds started, she asked me again and I stuck with Carrie (Well actually, because it had been a few weeks I called her Kelly Underwood, but I unapologize considering apart from the name I was right.) I'm not even sure why I was so taken with her, it was a really good first audition but she didn't even show a tenth of her vocal range during it, but straight away I just knew she was something special. Then she got through to the live shows, slayed pretty much every week (Alone is my favourite Idol performance ever, again even though she doesn't use her voice to it's full extent I just find that performance magical and I couldn't have agreed more with Simon's comments) and then ended up winning. The fact that Some Hearts era was so ridiculously massive and destroyed everything in it's path was just the icing on the cake. Plus the fact that all her other albums have been great helped too of course.

Anyway, I'll obviously be taking part in this!

MollieSwift21

Staff member

I had a very similar experience Robsolete from the first audition I predicted her the winner. During Hollywood week she had the cutest personality. I remember Ryan asking if she had seen any stars since it was in Hollywood and her response was similar too No I haven't really been able to see any of them with all the lights at night haha!

Haha I remember that, wasn't it something like 'It's been pretty cloudy'' or something. Amazing! I also remember Randy telling her she 'knocked it out of the box' or something similar, and she had to go and ask Constantine if that was a compliment or not.

I know young hearts like the back of my hand, but only 4 or 5 tracks from subsequent albums, but I always want to get into them.
I'll do my best!

RainOnFire

Staff member

HEY EVERYONE I forgot to mention, send in comments on your favourites/least favourites! I don't have a lot to work with for the little blurbs after each song is eliminated, so your comments will help.

I know young hearts like the back of my hand, but only 4 or 5 tracks from subsequent albums, but I always want to get into them.
I'll do my best!

Okay, just let me know where you are on Wednesday/Thursday, and I can extend the deadline! And hopefully this means others like Laura and Pinkieshy will participate. The goal is get more than 7 voters haha.

And Mollie that story is amazing! I honestly love how country bumpkin she was, I remember when she sang See You Again on Idol last year and they played a clip of her before the whole journey had started, and she was like "I've never even flown anywhere before, it would be interesting to see how I'd handle the big city!". It was so cute.

Last edited: