Cassie Davis - Do it again (3rd single) | The Popjustice Forum

Cassie Davis - Do it again (3rd single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by maneater83, Jul 17, 2009.

1. What you all think of her new single? the chorus is sooo catchy!! To be honest i think she is way better than Veronicas(when comparing Australian artists)...Cant wait for the album!!

Check it out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoN6-PbRw8I

2. She's shit. Not even paying Travis McCoy got her any new fans.

Sony has no faith in her either.

3. That. Is. Horrible.

4. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

She's really awful, another in a long line of "plain Australian girls with no personality singing boring songs". There was one a few years back who was so boring that I've forgotten her name, she did a cover of 'Teardrops'.

5. Kate Alexa, who got a record deal at her fathers label.

This is bad.
    She was gloating to the press she had a song that made Fergie cry to the Australian press...
    Obviously out of horror.
    Throw her in the scrap heap with Kate Alexa, Amy Pearson etc.

6. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

AUGH, the name brings back awful memories. Remember her song with Baby Bash?!

Why do record labels think we'll buy into this shit? If a popstar has no personality but amazing songs, I can easily become a fan (Hi Kylie!). If a popstar has oodles of personality but shit songs I can admire from afar (Hi Lily Allen!).

But under no circumstances would anyone give any time to these plain looking, inoffensive, mildly talented drones.

7. I'm interested in Ricki-Lee's new song. Apparently a whack at her ex husband, released in a couple of weeks. Jess Mauboy is our only other pop shining light who is female and based in Australia.
    I agree about the lack of individuality in regards to some of the female pop stars being launched in Australia. They just don't stand out, or in Cassie's case, release lame music.
    I see Missy Higgins as pop, but she won't release anything for a while either.

8. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I love Jessica Mauboy, and Missy Higgins is one of my favourite Australian artists - they fall into the pile of "a bit boring but has amazing songs". I suspect it won't be long until Jessica starts trying her luck overseas.

Ricki-Lee is okay too - I liked 'Love Is All Around'.

9. Kate Alexa, oh my days - HAHAHAHA! I remember a facebook page dedicated to her saying things like "nepotism is alive and well"

10. Cassie Davis just looks like a complete mole. The sort of girl that'd spill her wkd on you then try pick a fight over it...

11. Ex-husband? Didn't she only get married about a year ago?

12. Yeah. Divorced before christmas I think.
    He moved on to another woman and took the christmas decorations
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ls-it-like-it-is/story-e6frewt9-1225748542965
    A little info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.