Cassie

Wow. That's bizarre. Though I'm ashamed to admit the "just got back 2 my hotel room from studio" got my attention first, haha!

I wonder if she ever met with Salem or oOoOo, or any of the other "cool" people who talked about her. She asked for their details on Twitter a while back.

I love her so much. Any news on the album? Such a shame Official Girl/Must Be Love are so underrated.. I think they are an acquired taste but I really adore both songs.

I'm not surprised or sad she's not doing well (that's putting it politely). She was a joke in 2006 (when she was doing well) why would she big now? She had a horrible voice, bland personaity, couldn't dance for shit, and had no stage presense. She was Diddy's shadow.

She won't make a comeback. Stop trying.

aOblivious said:
I'm not surprised or sad she's not doing well (that's putting it politely). She was a joke in 2006 (when she was doing well) why would she big now? She had a horrible voice, bland personaity, couldn't dance for shit, and had no stage presense. She was Diddy's shadow.

Agreed! Besides her leaked sex pics, this performance alone killed her career and credibility:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19rx6_cassie-ft-yung-joc-me-you-bet-live_fun

She/Her
Have you heard any of her leaked songs? Some of them are really, really good. I thought she was a joke until I heard "Skydiver," "My House," and "Must Be Love" (amongst others). Now I kind of love her.

aOblivious said:

I don't think any of us are expecting her to comeback and become massive. We're just appreciating the quality music she's made, and she seems to be heading in some very interesting directions, which personally, I'm really curious about.

Basically, I've totally hammered The Other Side. I just keep going back to it, Skydiver, Official Girl, Thirsty, Can you Feel Me? All amazing songs. I love her voice too - she's obviously not built for live singing but that doesn;t bother me. As an over all experience her songs (the production, the sounds, her voice) are just massively appealing,

aOblivious said:

Ugh. What you cast off as a "horrible voice" others might think is a brilliantly icy, detatched voice which perfectly fits the songs. Beyonce singing My House would not exactly work now, would it. Take your own advice and "stop trying" to be the shittest troll on the board. Who knows, maybe deep deep deep down inside of you you might have something remotely worthwhile to say?

aOblivious said:

She can't dance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Hv3ziW3rY
She's not the best dancer but she can certainly bust a move. And with regards to her vocals prowess: her icy delivery is what makes her special and I actually love her voice, very smooth.

Cassie doesn't have a typically powerful voice, but she works wonders with what she's got. Hell, I don't even care if she can sing live, she delivers in the booth, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not looking at Cassie for vocal prowess or dancing or any of that, and I think that's kind of missing the point to be honest.

pondeforehead said:
aOblivious said:

She's not the best dancer but she can certainly bust a move. And with regards to her vocals prowess: her icy delivery is what makes her special and I actually love her voice, very smooth.

Girl has SWAGGER.

"Official Girl" is still such a jam.

pondeforehead said:
aOblivious said:

She was pretty stiff in that video...I'm not that impressed. 'Icy delivery' (which seems like a cover up for her lack of ability to sing with emotion) means nothing if she can't even sing for 5 seconds in tune. Please don't pull up that video of her singing at that radio station...that was subpar and who knows how long she practiced that line.

I'm not looking at Cassie for vocal prowess or dancing or any of that

Um, then what's left in an artist? She doesn't really have that great of a personality so...a pretty face? It kind of sucks that someone with zero talent is getting all these opportunities to work with all these great people in the industry.

I liked her album, and I think it's cute she has a following on here, but she's been trying since 2007 and I don't see it happening. She should focus her energy into becoming a model or something before her looks fade. I think 'Sean Jean' can use someone.

The only Bad Boy artist that I feel like deserves better is Dawn (amazing voice, personality, good dancing).

aOblivious said:
pondeforehead said:
aOblivious said:

She was pretty stiff in that video...I'm not that impressed. 'Icy delivery' (which seems like a cover up for her lack of ability to sing with emotion) means nothing if she can't even sing for 5 seconds in tune. Please don't pull up that video of her singing at that radio station...that was subpar and who knows how long she practiced that line.

I'm not looking at Cassie for vocal prowess or dancing or any of that

Um, then what's left in an artist? She doesn't really have that great of a personality so...a pretty face? It kind of sucks that someone with zero talent is getting all these opportunities to work with all these great people in the industry.

I liked her album, and I think it's cute she has a following on here, but she's been trying since 2007 and I don't see it happening. She should focus her energy into becoming a model or something before her looks fade. I think 'Sean Jean' can use someone.

The only Bad Boy artist that I feel like deserves better is Dawn (amazing voice, personality, good dancing).

You just don't get Cassie, then.

A lot of people who don't have a 'strong' voice have been considered good vocalists throughout music history. Character, feel, vibe. So many people here and in the articles we've discussed have explained why they like her delivery. It's fine that you don't, but I don't think we need to go through all our reasons again.. would get boring.

DarkSacoura said:
You just don't get Cassie, then.

Basically this. It's one of those things you either "get" or you don't.

aOblivious you misunderstood what I was saying. It's not even about her being this amazing singer that can hit all the high notes. Her voice is beautiful because it's so understated and minimal. Sure there are loads of people who are technically better singers, but at Pen just put so perfectly, it's also about character and the general feel of a song. Faint vocals be damned, Cassie always sets a very certain cool, melancholy vibe with her music. Even Christina screeching at the top of her lungs couldn't touch the simple yet heartfelt sentiment of a song like "Ditto", or the effortless sexiness of "Official Girl". (Sorry I'm starting to sound like a crazed fan right now but that's the best way I can describe it!!). Cassie has loads of personality, just because it's not screaming in your face doesn't mean it's not there.

I don't think anyone in here is expecting her to come back and have a platinum selling album and a #1 hit, we'd just like another album before Diddy decides to kick her to the curb for good.

I agree with what you're saying 3Xs, thanks for explaining more. I too would like another album from her, the first one was really consistent.