Cassie

The legendary Miss Cassie in Vibe Magazine's new 'sexy issue':

tumblr_llucxiHXwn1qa10hao1_500.jpg

/StillNotAnyMusicNewsToReport

/StillCrying

I think that Cassie should continue to focus on modeling full time and being a video girl. It suits her really well and the music thing is simply not going to work out. It's been how many years since her debut? She isn't relevant to R&B music anymore.

Maybe Cassie should follow in the footsteps of "The Queen of R&B" Kelly Rowland, and have Lil Wayne feature on one of her singles.

Oh wait...

I admit, I like many others at the time wanted to see how she would recover from her explicitly nude picture scandal, and make a full-on comeback. But it seems as though it's just been all downhill from there.

She has a nice recording voice but we all know she can't sing live. People need to remember that she isn't Britney Spears, who is the only known performer who can get away with miming these days.

Pen Expers said:
Who cares about live? Keep the songs coming.

Yeah I'm not remotely bothered about her singing live, just give me a new bloody album! I hate it when artists end up with such a good quality and huge collection of leaked tracks.

Pen Expers said:
Who cares about live? Keep the songs coming.

People who care about their artists having actual talent? The people who didn't buy her 4 post-Me & U singles?

I like her music. I thought she was annoying in her 'prime' and when it comes to performing she was a joke. Not just singing, but everything.

Everyone who is saying "who cares about her singing live?" are completely missing the point. Had Cassie not embarrassed and exposed herself as an awful talentless live performer, than her career wouldn't be as dire as it is today. That performance on 106 & park essentially ruined her career because it lead her to leaking the nude pictures of herself and shaving her hair in a desperate attempt to be relevant back in 2009.

Cassie's debut album was an R&B/Hip-Hop record and if she wants to be taken seriously by the general public and US audience where she got her start, she will have to sing live in order to prove herself. Make no mistake about that.

R

Resi12

Desperate attempt to be relevant..? Hello, she did that head shaving thing way before anyone.

No people who are caring about talent need to check themselves, you cannot wank over Britney then be a snob at Cassie. At least she can perform.

Most likely I won't ever have the chance to see her live, why would I care? She has talent, she brings out the artistry in the studio. And she's also sung live since that event and done much better, if that's so bloody important.

Every time we come to discuss some new tidbit, the same group of people swoop in to say that she'll never be relevant, and never have mainstream success again - that's missing the point. The music is good, and she's not 100% aiming for commercial viability.

So what's the problem?

R

Resi12

DarkSacoura said:
Every time we come to discuss some new tidbit, the same group of people swoop in to say that she'll never be relevant, and never have mainstream success again - that's missing the point. The music is good, and she's not 100% aiming for commercial viability.

So what's the problem?

Exactly, the music is good. If you only want to like her for being famous then that's your problem and a quite sad one at that.

Resi12 said:
Desperate attempt to be relevant..? Hello, she did that head shaving thing way before anyone.

No people who are caring about talent need to check themselves, you cannot wank over Britney then be a snob at Cassie. At least she can perform.

I was more referring to Cassie leaking the nude pictures of her vagina which was extremely desperate, but don't be so naive and think that she didn't shave her head to get any attention. She was posting numerous pictures on twitter trying to get a shocking reaction from people. Even after a duet with her boyfriend Diddy, still no one cared.

And the Britney comment was unnecessary, because I think Britney is one of the worst popstars at the moment. She's become such an awful, lazy and sloppy performer and everyone knows that.

R

Resi12

AllStar7 said:
Resi12 said:

I was more referring to Cassie leaking the nude pictures of her vagina which was extremely desperate, but don't be so naive and think that she didn't shave her head to get any attention. She was posting numerous pictures on twitter trying to get a shocking reaction from people. Even after a duet with her boyfriend Diddy, still no one cared.

And the Britney comment was unnecessary, because I think Britney is one of the worst popstars at the moment. She's become such an awful, lazy and sloppy performer and everyone knows that.

Yes and Rihanna dyed her hair red for attention, that's what popstars do. What's your point. You sound so like hateful towards her, it's odd considering she has been off the radar for quite a while now.

Please, "fashionable" people had been doing the undercut hairstyle for years. Did Kelis do it for attention? No, and I seriously doubt Cassie did either.

Haters just love Cassie, what can I say.....

Rihanna and Kelis didn't leak pictures of their vagina and pierced breasts for the world to see though. It's my opinion that Cassie is a desperate singer but that doesn't make me hateful.

The only reason I even mentioned the live singing was because it became the downfall of her career.