Cassie

I'm quite aware of that, but it's my opinion that Cassie leaked her nude pictures herself because they were so explicit and she just wanted to get attention and exposure for her new single at the time.

Let people do whatever they want with their photos, or hairstyles for that matter. I don't care for using that stuff as arguments for anything.

So shut up about it.

R

Resi12

AllStar7 said:
Rihanna and Kelis didn't leak pictures of their vagina and pierced breasts for the world to see though. It's my opinion that Cassie is a desperate singer but that doesn't make me hateful.

The only reason I even mentioned the live singing was because it became the downfall of her career.

No it didn't, she wasn't Milli Vanilli. Look all I am saying is pop can be a fickle place where people love someone for different reasons. I do not want nor expect Cassie to belt out The Greatest Love of All. Honestly I think her voice is quite nice.

Pen Expers said:
So shut up about it.

I don't agree with what he's saying, but you don't need to tell people to shut up.

Her music is good and I like her, but after so many attempts it doesn't seem like it's going to 'happen'. It may, who knows? I feel like if she didn't care about commercial success, she would have released her album 4 years ago. She wants that hit. I feel like she can carve a way more successful, and respectable career in acting/modeling.

AllStar7 said:
I'm quite aware of that, but it's my opinion that Cassie leaked her nude pictures herself because they were so explicit and she just wanted to get attention and exposure for her new single at the time.

This is absolutely ridiculous and to imply that she leaked them herself is really, really low of you.

I think she's smart enough to know that leaking nude photo's weren't going raise her profile or gain her respect.

She should contact Ryan Leslie for some tracks.

Pen Expers said:
Let people do whatever they want with their photos, or hairstyles for that matter. I don't care for using that stuff as arguments for anything.

So shut up about it.

No, I won't shut up about it if I feel that it's relevant to why Cassie doesn't have a singing career at this point. Topics of leaked pictures have been discussed all over the forum from Ke$ha, Christina Aguilera, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian etc., so that's a bit hypocritical really.

But have we not already had this same exact conversation?

3Xs said:
I don't think anyone in here is expecting her to come back and have a platinum selling album and a #1 hit, we'd just like another album before Diddy decides to kick her to the curb for good.

This thread just goes in circles. No one cares if she can't sing live/should peruse modeling/leaked her own pictures. It's not that serious.

You will shut up about it because none of us knows who let those pictures out or why, and really, it's very much a part of her private life that brings nothing to this discussion after it's been brought up as a mindless accusation for the tenth time.

3Xs said:
This thread just goes in circles. Can we not talk about the music? No one cares if she can't sing live/should peruse modeling/leaked her own pictures. It's not that serious.

I don't care about who leaked the pictures, but everything else is very much relevant to talk about.

Pen Expers said:
You will shut up about it because none of us knows who let those pictures out or why, and really, it's very much a part of her private life that brings nothing to this discussion after it's been brought up as a mindless accusation for the tenth time.

Right, but you still shouldn't to tell people to shut up. You could have made that same point without the added rudeness.

3Xs said:
AllStar7 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous and to imply that she leaked them herself is really, really low of you.

Really, though? I mean, people have said SO much worse.

Re: Cassie

I do think she was one of the most beautiful singers of her day, but I think her lack of vocal skill was a really tough pill for people to swallow. I mean, she was grilled brutally for her 106 & Park and TRL performances (and deservedly so, I think just about every member on this forum could have done a better job than her), and I don't think people were ever able to forget that. I agree that she should probably go a little further in the acting business.

But best of luck to her. I think everyone has the right to pursue their dreams. I owned her first album. It was ok. Her "new" songs are better, but they're not anything that no one else can't do.

I don't think isolated performances have much say on the career of a singer like this. They're not watched/heard by that many outside of the pop obsessives, and the reach of a hit like "Me & U" was on a different level entirely. No, what made her go away was that the rest of her singles, while brilliant, did not have that surprising sonic signature, and were more rnb situated - a genre where female artists have struggled enormously no matter how good they or their material is. It simply comes down to bad timing.

Don't care about live performances.

Don't care about nude photos.

What I do care about are chunes like this and this and this which should be released ASAP. But, most of you will continue to miss the point.

Pen Expers said:
I don't think isolated performances have much say on the career of a singer like this. They're not watched/heard by that many outside of the pop obsessives, and the reach of a hit like "Me & U" was on a different level entirely. No, what made her go away was that the rest of her singles, while brilliant, did not have that surprising sonic signature, and were more rnb situated - a genre where female artists have struggled enormously no matter how good they or their material is. It simply comes down to bad timing.

And let's just face it, Bad Boy is the biggest joke of a label to ever exist. ANY artist would be doomed there.

I doubt 2 year old demos are ever going to be released. Is she still dating Diddy?

This is how I see it going: Her contract with Diddy will expire and she'll go the same way as Donnie Klang and Day26. She couldn't get a decent sized hit after the monster Me & U. And Long Way 2 Go was a banger. I don't see it happening.

She needs to become an indie princess, is what she needs to do! She already has the cult following and some really cool producers knocking at her door.

Resi12 said:
Oh dear I had forgotten just how bad the BET one was to be fair, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19rx6_cassie-ft-yung-joc-me-you-bet-live_fun.

She embarrassed and humiliated herself, and ended her career all in one performance.

I was unaware that more nude pictures of Cassie leaked just last weak, so I guess I can understand some people being so sensitive and defensive about them. I will try to judge her solely on her lack of vocal ability, relationship with Diddy and her desperation from now on.